Sunday, October 31, 2010

The happenings

Holy cow, I hate my blog!  I don't know what my problem is, but I just can't get motivated.  I just keep putting it off and now hate myself because I am weeks and weeks behind.  We have had quite the month  with lots of celebrations, visitors, and much to remember!

The festivities began with Te-Te coming to visit us.  She flew in on September 22nd and stayed with us until October 2nd.  Life is always great when Te-Te is here but this time was exceptional!  Biggie, Chris and I had her here with us for ten whole days and wished it could have been longer.  We didn't do anything super special, but it didn't matter one bit.  It was so fun to be able to spend so much time together just hanging out.  We ran errands, played with Biggie, went for walks, hosted a bridal shower, and ate WAY too much.

After our ten days here in Orem, we packed up the car and drove to STG for Melissa's bridal shower and to spend the next week helping with the wedding festivities.  It was such a treat to be able to spend so much time with family.  (more on the wedding to come)
We have added a third B to the bed time crew!
Buzzy came to join us when Te-Te arrived.  When I pulled up to the curb at the airport and rolled down the window so Drake could see Tet, the first thing he saw was Buzz!  Tet was ready and waiting to give it to him!  He was a little hesitant at first but can't live without Buzzy now.  He is a fixture in the crib and is usually drug around the house during the day.  It's pretty darn cute!

Omie came to STG for all of the wedding festivities on October 7th.  We were are so excited for her to arrive and had been telling Biggie for weeks that she was coming.  Oh how Biggie loves his Omie (and his grammy and Tet).  He is one spoiled baby!  He has so many people that just love him to pieces and it couldn't make me happier to see how much he truly loves all of the ladies that I have adored my entire life! 
While Omie was here, she taught Biggie how to work the "Power Drill."  He loved it!  I have such fond memories of Opa and wish more than anything that he could be here to play with my little man.  No one can do the Power Drill quite like Opa could, but Omie is a very close second! I am so grateful that I have her to teach Drake all of the wonderful things that she taught me as a child!   



This little man LOVES his Te-Te and has her completely wrapped around his little finger!  He was so incredibly spoiled while Te-Te and Omie were here and he went through some serious withdrawals when we got home and he was stuck with just me again.  What a lucky boy he is to have a great auntie that loves him SO much!  I am so grateful that my little son has Te-Te in his life and know that he will truly be an incredible person from having her as an example!

While in STG, Tet decided that Biggie just HAD to have this Cozy Coupe.  Even though Christmas and his birthday are just around the corner, he NEEDED it now and oh how he loves it!  He hasn't quite figured out how to make it go by himself yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.  For now, he loves to be pushed and to crawl in and out.  Our garage has become quite the storage area for all of this boy's outdoor toys.  

0 comments: