Thursday, July 10, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap

This past weekend, Chris and I were lucky enough to be able to spend some quality time with my family and some great friends in Salt Lake. As I mentioned in my last post, our weekend began with a trip to the Poison concert. Having never been to a concert before, I really had no idea what to expect, other than the obvious wanna-be 80's rockers, like my love! The wanna-be's definitely did not disappoint but I was shocked to see how many conservative looking moms were in attendance! The crowd was very entertaining! The concert itself was really good... super loud, but good! I was amazed at how loud it was in there. The few times that I left the arena during the show were a little awkward because I couldn't hear a thing! It was the strangest feeling! I think my next concert trip will include ear plugs! All in all though, it was a blast. Chris loved it and I was definitely entertained by the people and Brett Michaels' horrible dancing on stage! Long live 80's butt rock!!

The next few days of our trip were spent with my family and our wonderful buddies, Nater and Linley. Nate and Linley were so nice to let us stay with them. We love them and have so much fun reminiscing about the good ol' days and talking about all the many ways that the boys are going to make us all millionaires!

The original purpose for our weekend get-a-way was to visit with my aunt, uncle and cousin that flew to town from Ohio for a Volleyball Tournament. I haven't seen them in a few years and had such a blast running around Salt Lake and Park City with them. We tried to hit the major sites around the area and ended the trip with a fabulous dinner all together at the Rodizio Grill. It was so fun! I truly am so blessed to have such an amazing family!

The trip was great but now it's back to work and reality! Baby Weaver (aka Cletus the Fetus) is still just incubating away. I've been so blessed and have made it to this point with only minimal signs of morning sickness! I hope I don't jinx myself, but so far, pregnancy really has been a piece of cake. Just for saying that, I'm probably in for the worst baby ever!! Oh well... either way, it's worth it!

5 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Sounds like a fun weekend away! The concert sounds like a blast! Scott and I still wish we could have gone!

Anonymous said...

You saw so many conservative mom's because we grew up in the thick of the 80's. That is so funny because Jason and I were watching 80's video's the other night and saying how Poison is the only hair band we really didn't like. But there are plenty of hair bands to make up for it!!!!!

kat said...

Sounds like fun. I really didn't know that Chris was so into 80's rock. Fun that you got to hang out with Nate and Linley. It feels like forever since I've seen any of my high shcool friends. You guys should totally come out to Chicago before we move. Chicago is a blast and we would love to have you.

Lyndsi said...

So glad you guys had a good time! I just wanted to let you know how happy we are for your little one on the way, and how thankful we are for your kindness to Jace. Thank you, thank you for being so sweet and loving!! Send me an email at lyndsi@infowest.com, and I'll get you invited to our blog!
~ Lyndsi H.

Riggs Rascals said...

The wildest concert we went to was Ozzy Osbourne probably 10 years ago in Las Vegas--I definately looked out of place! They had people checking bags and patting you down--the lady took one look at me laughed--and just let me through--she didn't even check my purse!