Last week ended up being quite an eventful week! My Grandma was here from Ohio, Amber and Kristen threw me an incredible baby shower and I officially ruined my poor little one's nursery! (For now anyway!)
Cute Kristen and I! 20 and 32 weeks... both baby boys!!
Cute Kristen and I! 20 and 32 weeks... both baby boys!! My belly looks like a cone!

My wonderful Oma! We decided to have the shower a little early so she could be here for it. I'm so glad we did! She made the most delicious dips and treats and was so much fun to just hang around with! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful grandma. A girl really couldn't ask for a more amazing grandma to share such wonderful times with!
Bird's the Word!! What an amazing sis! She drove all the way down from Provo just for the night to be at my shower! I am so lucky to have such an awesome sister! I can't wait for her kiddies to join the fam someday!
The lovely Melo ladies! Katie, Aydia, and Elle Melo were so nice to come party with us! I am so lucky to have the Melo's in my ward and my little bro is super lucky to have Katie's parents as his mission presidents in Korea! What a small world it is!
Amber was so nice to let us all invade her house!
Love these girls!
Kay Lynn and Amber Harper. Kay Lynn and I work together at the bank. She is one of my very favorite people!

My wonderful Oma! We decided to have the shower a little early so she could be here for it. I'm so glad we did! She made the most delicious dips and treats and was so much fun to just hang around with! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful grandma. A girl really couldn't ask for a more amazing grandma to share such wonderful times with!
Bird's the Word!! What an amazing sis! She drove all the way down from Provo just for the night to be at my shower! I am so lucky to have such an awesome sister! I can't wait for her kiddies to join the fam someday!
The lovely Melo ladies! Katie, Aydia, and Elle Melo were so nice to come party with us! I am so lucky to have the Melo's in my ward and my little bro is super lucky to have Katie's parents as his mission presidents in Korea! What a small world it is!
Amber was so nice to let us all invade her house!
Love these girls!
Kay Lynn and Amber Harper. Kay Lynn and I work together at the bank. She is one of my very favorite people!All in all, my shower was the best! Thank you so much to Amber and Kristen for working so hard to put everything together! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends that are willing to do such a nice thing for me! And... thank you so much to everyone that came to support me and little Weave! I am amazed everyday at how kind and generous people are and am so thankful to have so many wonderful people to share this new experience with!
The Nursery Dilemma
So... a few weeks ago I decided it was time to paint the baby's room. Feeling confident in my color choice, I waltzed down to Kwall and had them match the fabric swatch that I had taken from the bedding. After a brief little discussion, Chris and I had decided to paint the room a dark blue color to match the blue in the bedding. Easy enough, right?? Wrong!! After getting the paint home and slapping a little on the wall, I quickly realized that the fabric I had was quite deceiving. Outside of the room, it looks really green, which is how the paint looked, however; in the room the fabric looks completely blue and really nasty against my first paint choice. So, back to Kwall I ran to try something new. Once again, easier said than done. After about five trips back to Kwall I realized that I had a lose, lose situation on my hands and way too many gallons of paint so the only thing left to do was to try a whole wall with what I had and hope that it looked better than the little blob! Much to my suprise and delight, I actually liked the paint on the one wall and after much debate, I gave Chris the go ahead to paint the entire room. Oh, what was I thinking?!?! One wall of okay turned into a whole room of not so good! The color is way too teal and doesn't match but, what's done is done, so little Weave is just going to have to love his teal room and if any of you ever come to my house and happen to peak into the nursery, just pretend that it's really blue!
Of course Tobie and Reggie had to help dad paint! They were right under foot all day!

My babe was such a sweetheart to paint for me! When I told him I hated the color, he was a little bummed, but I think we'll be able to work with it once it's done and all the other things are in the room. Hopefully anyway!

Of course Tobie and Reggie had to help dad paint! They were right under foot all day!
My babe was such a sweetheart to paint for me! When I told him I hated the color, he was a little bummed, but I think we'll be able to work with it once it's done and all the other things are in the room. Hopefully anyway!

10 comments:
Whoa! I've never been the first to comment on any of your blogs. . . you have way too many other stalker friends who usually beat me to it! :) I'm glad I got to come down for your shower though, it was fun! I hope the nursery comes together alright for you, I'm sure it'll be fine once you get all the other cute stuff in there. Love you!
I think that is a great color. I can't wait to see it all put together. You are a gorgeous pregnant woman and my parents were so excited to show your brother our picture. Apparently they we together the next morning so how fun. We will always be connected. I am so glad Amber's little girl is okay- that was crazy. Thanks so much including us. You're the best and we had so much fun. The girls are still talking about it. Not much time left- can't wait to meet little Weave- yay!
Hey Whitney..I'm with Katie. I think the color is nice. It's always hard though when it's not what you envision. I know the baby will love it! Glad you are doing well!
Hey I found your blog on Amber's and I have a couple questions for ya...this is Melinda Gardner...I don't know if ya remember me but we hung out once or twice:) And congrats on the baby boy that is so so exciting!! You look so cute prego! Well for my questions...I hope you don't mind me asking, but we just found out Chad's mom has pretty bad lung cancer and you are really the only person I kinda know that has gone through chemo and I just wanted to aask you what you appreciated the most during this hard trial (I can't remember what kind of cancer you had, sorry) and also what to say and what bugged you that people would say and how I can help my mother in law! Tonight has just been a rough night and for some reason your name kept popping into my head so sorry if this is too wierd or you don't want to talk about it then it is fine, but if you don't mind I would really appreciate it. Will you email me at melinda-gardner@hotmail.com
Thank You!
ps sorry that was a novel:)
My mom has told me multiple times since she went to your shower how beautiful you looked! I hope I can see you over Christmas break.
I like the teal..its dark, which when a color is dark it can get away with most....
look at all those baby bellies! good lookin!
How fun! You and Kristen look great!
I think the "blue" :) room looks good, You should definitely show the whole finished project!
Hi Whit,
I'm not really sure what my schedule is like yet. We don't get in until late on the 23rd, but I stay until the next Tuesday, so we should be able to find some time after Christmas and before the 30th. I'm excited to see you guys!
a little bird told me what your baby is going to be named and i have to say, VERY good choice. it is my ALL TIME favorite boys name!!!!!!!
It looks great! it'll work out! I love showers! all the cute outfits! you look stinkin' adorable whitney! and you are right around the corner to delivering! how fun! merry christmas!
Post a Comment