[11.28.2010]
I have been a super slacker lately and failed to do a 21 month post for Mr. Big so this is going to have to count for 21 and 22 months. It's really ridiculous that I'm so lazy because now is the time that he is changing SO much each and every day, but oh well! This will have to do.
This little man is truly a joy! It's incredible to think that he has already been in our lives for 22 months and yet, it seems like he has always been apart of our family. Being Drake's mother has been the greatest blessing in my life and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to spend my days with him by my side. (even when he's whining and hanging on my legs!)
Things to remember about Drake at 21-22 months:
* He is talking up a storm. I looked at him the other day and thought to myself, "my little son legitimately talks!" He can say pretty much anything, and does. However; he still refuses to say Snipes and Lissa on a regular basis. He'll say it under his breath or when they aren't around, but not when they are here and wanting him to.
* He loves to put rubber bands on his wrists. I usually have one hair elastic around my wrist at some point in the day and he has obviously noticed and thinks he needs one too.
* He has finally learned how to drink out of a normal cup and water bottle. He still spills quite often but he's definitely got the hang of it.
* He has learned how to flush the toilet and he loves to say good bye to anything that may be in the toilet as he flushes it. I'm afraid he's going to flush a car down or something that will certainly get stuck.
* He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse again. He wants to watch "mickey and goofy" all day long. I have to seriously limit the amount of mickey we watch because he really is obsessed.
* He really likes to eat his fishy crackers out of an empty Lifesaver Zours container. It's really strange! He found it in my diaper bag a long time ago and has hung on to it for months! It will only fit about ten fishies at a time, but he loves to carry it around and snack.
* He wants to wear his flip flops every time he sees them in his closet. I have to hide them or else brace myself for a fit! Sometimes I let him wear them around the house so I don't have to deal with the fit!
* He is just like his daddy and can fold his ears completely in half. I managed to catch a picture of it the other day. It's the funniest thing to see him do it too.
* He LOVES Toy Story 3 and has a "favorite" part that he laughs at every time!
* He talks about Jesse from Toy Story all day long.
* He is very interested in the potty and all that goes on in the potty. He is really good about telling me when he poops. We're still working on getting him to the potty before he actually goes, but he's definitely starting to grasp the concept. He usually tells me that he's farted right before he poops. (I know... horrible that my child says fart!)
* He loves to take my cans out of the pantry and roll them across the kitchen floor. He always says "coo" (cool) as he does it.
* He is getting better with his counting. He understands the concept of having "two" things and is often not happy unless he has two of something.
* He likes to have his daddy rub his feet. Both feet have to be rubbed at the same time. If Chris tries to rub one and not the other, Drake will say "two foot" and put his other foot in Chris' face.
* He has been obsessed with his ball popper lately. Unfortunately, he has lost most of the balls for it and he gets pretty fired up when the few balls that are left won't come out. I finally taught him how to turn it upside down so the balls will fall out. If that doesn't work, he'll drag it around the house whining, until I empty it.
* He loves to watch football with Chris. He yells "run" or "go" when the players are running a play. How he knows to do that, I don't know!
* He was completely fascinated by the Wii Mario Cart game the other night. He sat and watched B, B, Snipes and Lissa play for over an hour and would yell "go B, go B!" He was pretty fired up when I made everyone come upstairs for dessert. He came up stairs saying, "vroom, vroom."
* He climbs up and down the stairs without holding on to the wall or railing now. Not every time, but most of the time.
* He loves, loves, loves the match box track at Pop Pop's house. He wants Pops to play with him constantly. Luckily Pops is a super good sport!
* He loves to push the shopping cart at any store we're at. He looks so dang hilarious doing it! He holds onto the very bottom bar of the cart and pushes away, He throws a super fit if I try to make him stop, so he usually ends up pushing the cart all the way from the store to the car.
* He has learned to jump and tries to jump off of everything!
* He has learned how to put the correct shapes into the slots of his shape matching games. He especially likes the Hippo one.
* He does not like to be touched when he is trying to do something. If you do touch him, he looks at you, moves your hand, legs, foot, or whatever is touching him and says, "no!"
* He has discovered "cully." (coloring) He was so good in church today as long as he could "cully." He has colored pictures for Omie and Te-Te and tells me so every time I get the crayons out.
* He has learned how to unzip his "dammies." (jammies) He hasn't figured out how to get them all the way off yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. He likes to pick which jammies he wears and usually wants either his "mickey dammies" or his "jesse dammies."
* He loves to close the doors in our bathroom and say "bye mommy" or "bye daddy." He thinks he's so funny!
* He has started to throw everything out of his crib every time he wakes up from a nap or in the morning.
* We are still working on getting rid of the binkie. It's been a process and I'm sure I'm making it harder for both of us, but for now, he only has it in his bed.
* He is still the world's worst eater! He eats next to nothing. I'm not quite sure how he is still as sturdy as he is because he eats like a bird. I'm grateful he's not losing weight, but I worry about him getting all of the nutrients be needs. His very favorite food though is still "nacks." (fruit snacks) He would eat 20 packs a day if I let him. He has started to like "cakies"(crepes) though. He will eat at least one, sometimes two at a time. Oma, you would be so proud!
* He has been making the funniest faces lately. For some reason he has started to put his hand over his nose when he's being shy or embarrassed. It's really funny!
* He loves to give "ooie" (Otie) cookies. He also gets very nervous when I let Otie out and he doesn't come right back in. He'll stand by the door and yell for ooie until he comes back in.
* He LOVES all of the people that love him! He talks about members of the family all day long.
* Whenever he has a phone in his hands and I ask him who he is calling, he always tells me "Omie."
* For some reason he doesn't sleep very well at night when Chris helps me put him to bed. It's really strange. He still has night terrors occasionally and they seem to happen on the nights when Chris is in the room when I put Drake to bed. We've been saying good night to daddy before I put him to bed for the past few weeks and it seems to have helped. It's kind of sad, but if it works, its worth it. Night terrors are HORRIBLE!
Oh how I love my little Drake Weaver! He is such a sweet, funny, opinionated, stubborn, silly, entertaining, head strong, beautiful little boy!


2 comments:
We love this little guy too! We love it when he calls us "B" and talks to us, so cute
He is getting soo big! Nathan started showing interest in the potty about this age too. So, I went out and bought one of the little potties. Sadly, it quickly turned into a toy and he would constantly carry it out to the family room to use as a chair. After a while of that I put it away in a closet, because I didn't want him to think about it as a toy. He didn't see it again until the day he potty trained!
Call us next time you guys are down! We totally want to get together. We are thinking of doing a trip up there in January to go sledding a bunch. You guys up for it?
Post a Comment