Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mr. Big's antics...

Let me just start by saying that my child may be a diaper wearer until he's eight!  I know he's not even two and I know that he will get the whole potty thing eventually, but holy smokes, I'm done already and we haven't even really started!  He completely understands about going on the potty and he loves to sit on the potty.  However, he just doesn't like to sit there long enough to actually go, which brings us to the lovely scene from yesterday.  Both Big and I were in my room yesterday morning.  I was folding clothes and he was running around playing cars when he decided that he had to poop.  Typically, I hear "I poop potty," or "I poop cars potty," forty times a day and 99% of the time, it's a false alarm.  After about two days, I learned my lesson and stopped taking him every single time. Yesterday, for some reason though. when he came and told me he had to poop, I believed him and took him into the bathroom and put him on the potty.  He sat there for .2 seconds and told me all done. (the usual routine)  Because he gets really nervous and cries if I try to make him stay there longer, I always let him off when he tells me he's done.  I did the same thing yesterday and told him to wait in the bathroom while I ran to grab a clean diaper.  (Note to self... keep some dang diapers by the toilet!)  Anyways... I made it out the bathroom door and down the hall before I heard him coming after me.  I stopped immediately and turned around to tell him to go back in the bathroom but was already too late.  There he was, in the hall way, with poop all over the floor!  Naturally, I wanted to come un-glued a bit, but there was really no need for that.  Big was already crying and upset so I continued down the hall to grab the diaper and then proceeded to clean up the mess.  Typically, this kind of thing wouldn't be that big of a deal but this was round three of floor pooping.  I'm just not quite sure how much more poop on the floor I can handle.  I know, I know, it gets better, but like I said... we haven't even really started yet and I may never take his diaper off again!  Every dang time I do he poops on the floor!

For the last few months, Big and I have been watching Mickey in bed in the mornings.  Our typical routine consists of me getting him up, trying to coax him into eating breakfast which usually ends in him winning and eating string cheese for breakfast, and then the both of us getting back into my bed to watch a Mickey show.  I actually really look forward to our Mickey dates because it's really the only time that he'll sit with me.  He's usually too busy!  It's a treasure really, to be able to snuggle my little guy.  The funniest thing about our Mickey dates is that we each have our own "bots," (spots) on the bed and every morning, he shows me where my bot is and pats the bed where I'm supposed to sit.  On the weekends when Chris is home, he gets a bot too.  It's pretty darn cute!  Big loves to have "bots," for everything and I guess mom and dad are no exception.  

He is becoming so independent.  He pretty much refuses to let me feed him anymore and always has to do it himself.  If I had a penny for every time I heard, "I do it," through out the day, I'd be rich!  He also likes to brush his teeth himself, zip up his jammies and jackets, put the lids on things and flush the toilet.  This morning, he threw such a fit because he wanted to hold his spoon and feed himself the oatmeal that I was still trying to make.  He was so worked up, he was shaking!  I couldn't help but laugh at him because it was so ridiculous.  

He has also started referring to himself as Biggie.  I know I should probably correct him and stop calling him Biggie myself, but I just can't.  I think it's adorable.  He tells me about Biggie's chair, Biggie's table, Biggie's cups, and all kinds of other things.  He loves to watch himself on the video camera and will say, "I see Biggie," as he tries to grab the camera from me.  When he's being silly and he knows it, he always says, "Biggie funny!"  

  
That's it for now.  I have been wanting to jot these few things down before I forgot.  It's crazy how fast you forget the little things that they do everyday!
   

2 comments:

Stacie and Jared said...

Lol well at least Chris wasn't home when Big pooped all over the floor, he probably wouldn't have been too happy about that! You really are going to have to come up with another nickname other than "biggie" he probably won't appreciate that one too much when he gets to middle school

Janese said...

Haha, I can totally relate. My little guy has been asking to potty (mostly poop) since he was 18 months old and goes on the potty just fine. I've tried potty training twice and it always ends with way too many puddles on the floor for me to handle haha. The joys of motherhood.