[02.09.11]
I have been agonizing over this for a few months now and for some reason decided that today was the day to say good-bye to the bink. I found myself thinking for a few minutes that I could do it and so could Drake, so I hurried and grabbed the scissors and helped Drake snip away. I have to admit that the positive thinking only lasted a few minutes and I began to regret my hastiness but... what's done is done and we're not going back now!
Due to being out and about all day, we didn't have to deal with the nap without the binky but I am now having to listen to my poor baby as he cries in his crib. So far... not so good! The strange thing is that he is not crying for the bink, he's crying for me to sing to him but I refuse to sit in his room with him until he falls asleep. Call me a mean mom, but I just can't. He is so completely a creature of habit and will cry for days for me to sit in there with him if I even do it once. It's really heartbreaking but I have to stick to my guns and let him cry it out. Sometimes this mommy business is not so fun. As much as we have all loved the blessed binky, I am really, really hating it right now and hating myself for letting it stick around for so dang long. Hopefully the crying stops soon and tomorrow is better.


6 comments:
Way to stay strong! It will be worth it!
he'll do just fine, it will only last a few days. I let ryan sleep with the broken bink for a few days and he just held it in his little hand. :(
not so fun, but you can do it!
I'm so sorry!! I dreaded the day I took Lincoln't binki away. It wasn't half as bad as I dreaded it being. Hopefully it will be the same for you.
I did the same thing Kristen said. Lincoln slept holding his broken binki for the first few sleeps, then he didn't want it anymore and was fine.
Good luck!!!
I miss you at Bunco :(
It's so hard to wean them from the bink, but it will probably be only a few days. I dipped my kids binkys in vinegar and then told them when they get older, their binky's get yucky. I told them they could have it if they wanted, but now that they were big, their binkys were yucky. (this way I wasn't the bad person, the binky was), worked like a charm on both my kids.
I am offically a stalker!! LOL. You said something the other night about your blog so, I thought i would have a look see! You have such a darling family! Hope little man is doing better without the bink.
OH.MY.GOODNESS!!!
you did it :(
my heart kinda breaks for him and you! I just can't do it yet. I was going to try and break tanner but decided it wouldn't work since I was going to have a new baby suck'n away on a binki so...I still have that bridge to cross!
let us all know how it went!
Post a Comment