Friday, February 18, 2011

It's about time for an update...

Oh my... I am so behind!  The last few months have been kind of crazy.  Being a mom, a wife, a student, and a blog booker has taken up all of my time, leaving none left for this ol' thing.  This post will be lots of randomness but at least I'm getting stuff on here.  Here we go...

 A few weeks ago, Drake and I ventured to the Lehi pool with our play group.  I was a little unsure about the whole pool thing, only because my white flabby bod is in no condition to be sporting a swimsuit, but I knew Drake would love it, so we went.  Only two of the other moms ended up coming so I only had to be embarrassed in front of them instead of everyone, which was good,  and Drake had a blast!  He played for hours on the slide and in the shallow areas of the pool.  I was pretty positive that he would have a good time but I was surprised at how much fun he had and how brave he was.  He seriously has no fear when it comes to water.  It makes me pretty nervous, but I am grateful that he's not afraid.  Swimming lessons this summer are an absolute must though.   

 On Wednesday the 26th of January, Te-Te came to stay!  We were so dang excited to have her.  Life here at home is always better when Tet is here.  Drake absolutely adores her and I love being able to spend all day together.  Mickey, Minnie, and Donald Duck are the newest editions to the Disney Store that is Drake's crib.  Tet had Donald ready to meet Drake when we picked her up at the airport and Mic and Min joined the crew the very next day.  Drake LOVES them!  They all have their own "bots" in the crib and Mic and Min leave the crib on a regular basis to sit in their other "bots" all over the house.  In front of the chair and on either side of Drake in our bed are a few of their regulars.  
It's pretty adorable really!

 Why, oh why does my son love pop so much???  It's a bad deal, it really is.


 This little boy LOVES his cars!  He puts every single one of his matchbox cars down his track at least once a day.  They all always seem to get stuck at the loop, but he doesn't care one bit.  Cleaning up is also fun!  I started singing the "clean-up" song a few months ago and now have to sing it over and over until every last car is in the box.  If I stop for even a second in between, I am quickly told "again!"  A few weeks ago, Drake started trying to sing along with me, which is darling!  He can't quite figure out the words but he has the tune down.  He's a pretty great picker-uper!

 What a handsome boy!  Too bad he absolutely refuses to look at me 95% of the time when I try to take his pictures!  It kind of makes me crazy!  He was so very handsome in his suit and I couldn't even convince him to give me one smile.  I was a little depressed at the time, but I guess when I look back at all of my pictures from this point in our lives, I'll be reminded of what a funny stubborn little son I had!

Once again, so handsome but no cute pictures!  I take what I can get, which usually consists of many profile shots and an occasional smile.  On this particular day, I caught him sitting on a stool on top of the bench in my room.  He loves that silly stool.  He carries it all over the house.  Just this morning he was trying to get on our guest bed and couldn't, so he ran upstairs and came back with the stool and told me, "I climb on bed mommy."  Why these types of things surprise me, I don't know.  He does things like this all the time and every time I am surprised!  He's a little smarty pants!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the cutest suit Whit! And he is a stud!

Colburns said...

I love the man suit!