Every year, my dad and I, along with hundreds of other volunteers from around the community, participate in providing christmas for children in our area that would otherwise be going without. Coins for Kids was started 19 years ago by a handful of employees at the KONY radio station and has continued each year since. This year, we are hoping to provide Christmas for roughly 1800 children from 700 families here in St. George. Each year we set a goal to raise around $125,000 which divides out to around $75 per child.
Every year I am amazed at the generosity of those in our area and every year, I am SO grateful to be a part of such a wonderful organization. The magic of Christmas is truly something special and each year as I watch our volunteers come to shop, wrap, and deliver, I am humbled by their willingness to give of whatever they have in whatever capacity they have to give it.
Each year we have somehow managed to meet our goal and have raised the $125,000 to divide amongst the children. This year however; we are really worried. Currently, we are $75,000 short of our goal and we are scheduled to shop for the children in six days. I know that this time of year is very tight for most people and there isn't much extra to go around but if any of you that may happen to read this have even $5.00 to spare to donate to a child for Christmas, it would be so greatly appreciated.
Please visit our website to donate and for more information about our organization. It truly is a wonderful cause.
A few pictures from last year...




0 comments:
Post a Comment