Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's in a name??

I told myself that I absolutely would not post about this next topic because a post about it would definitely reinforce the longevity of it, but I've obviously caved! I've realized that fighting it is a losing battle and I might as well record it, so someday I can show my child how funky his dad is!!

The issue...
Thanks to our dear friend BRINTON, my husband has lovingly named our sweet little baby-to-be CLETUS!! Yep... Cletus the Fetus! Sick, sick, sick! Who in their right mind refers to their child as Cletus the Fetus?!? With out a doubt, Cletus is the most redneck, white trash name I have ever heard and you better believe that my man LOVES it! He tells everyone that will listen that our baby's name is Cletus the Fetus. Honestly, our poor child won't have a chance in this cruel world if it's nic-name is Cletus!! It will turn out like this...



Well, maybe not quite, but it's still horrible and I just know he's not going to let up until I threaten him within an inch of his life! I guess I should be grateful though, Chris has been super cute about the whole pregnancy thing and is even pretty excited, which is huge for those of you that know my man! And so, much to my utter dismay, my sweet little peanut is (and probably will be for awhile) now known as Cletus the Fetus!!

*** Don't you worry Brinton... I'll get you back someday!!

11 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Oh no! You can not even call your kid Cletus. That is so wrong! I will have to have a talk with Chris! This just can't continue! haha :)

jaesi said...

I like Cletus. sounds greek :)

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

Tyler seriously wanted to name Ryan... Cadbury... like the Easter egg. If I would've let him, Ry would be my little Chocolate treat. Good Luck!

Crystal said...

Haha! Maybe it's good that he's getting it out of his system now! My hubby's cousin has two kids that the wife calls them by their given names (Hailey & Kolton) while the dad, and now everyone else, calls them Concresha and Kevakin. Random!!

Colburns said...

I AM THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE!!!!!!! Whitney, you can thank me with a large hug and kiss of completion for helping you with the struggle of what to name your child is now over. You are welcome. The only thing I am upset about now is that the name Brinton is no longer in the question because Cletus is here to stay. I do feel privileged to have named your child, do I get any rights to him? Don't wait to long for my repayment, come on down here to the AZ and give it too me. Weaver, YOU the MAN!

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

Whit,
I learned how to do headers I could show you or I could make you one. Let me know.

Riggs Rascals said...

Tell Chris he is totally wrong right now. Your baby is an embryo not a fetus yet, so he has to find a name that rhymes with embryo! :)

Emily Blais said...

When Melissa told me this story, I totally laughed. I think its pretty funny, but my first thought was Kristens... You are still in the embryo stage, but not for too much longer, so Cletus can stick :) LOL.

kat said...

Hey Whit, I haven't talked to Kristin in a few months. I've been meaning to call, but we always play phone tag too. She didn't sound like she thought engagement was very close last time I talked to her though. But maybe. I hope so. I really like the two of them.

Jen said...

Hey Whit-
It's Jen Macfarlane (Jimmys wife)...I found your blog on the Colburns page. I'm so excited for you guys that you are having a baby--congrats! Well, hope you guys are doing great.

Andrea F. said...

What is up with men and their names..when I was pregnant with Ry Doug was determined he wanted to name him either Ahern or lil Dougie...neither of them would ever fly with me!