Thursday, July 8, 2010

How 'bout an update??

Disclaimer:  This is extremely long and boring.  Strictly for me and my memories!


For some reason, I have had a hard time lately sitting down to post anything on this lovely little blog.  I have good intentions, and I take loads of pictures to remember every little thing my child does, but I'm just not very good at being consistent.  Shoot... I really need to be better!  Journals aren't worth anything if ya don't write in them, right!?  Anyways... here's the latest and greatest:


[June 24 - June 27]

Drake and I packed up and headed to Springville to spend the weekend with Chris and the rest of the Musso clan.  Mom and dad were heading up to hang with "the Gang" so we decided that it would be a good weekend to play too!  Biggie was a champ in the car and really was a great sport the entire weekend. We pretty much drug him in and out of the car for three days straight with only tiny little cat naps in between destinations.  He made up for his lack of napping at night and slept in until at least ten every morning!  He loves his little closet bedroom at the apartment.  It's always dark in there so he just sleeps and sleeps.  It's lovely!  Overall, the weekend was a tad busy with lots of apartment hunting for Snipes, but it was so fun to be able to spend time with the whole fam.  


[July 2 - July 5]

Even though Biggie and I drove up the weekend before, we decided to head back up last Friday.  We ended up with tickets to Stadium of Fire and figured it was worth another three hour drive.  Friday, while we waited for Chris to finish up at work, we visited the Spanish Fork pool with Jim and Lyndy.  My little fishy loved it! He thought he was pretty cool, crawling around like a little alligator in the kiddie pool.  It was pretty darn cute but I failed to take any pictures.  Dang!  Friday night we made our second trip in one week to The Trolley for some delicious wings!  Umm... love the Trolley!  Biggie was less than delightful at dinner and we had to resort to taking him outside to wander the parking lot.  Nice!  I just love when you know that people are watching you, wondering why your child keeps screeching at you like a dinosaur!  It really is such a lovely new habit he has developed.  My all time favorite is when he tells me "NO!" like an eight year old and follows it with a dinosaur screech.  He spends a lot of time in time out for that one!  

Saturday we slept in, ate lunch at Cheesecake Factory, and grilled some "super gourmet" hot dogs in the park with B & B and Snipers.  It was actually really fun and very 4th of July ish!  I loved it!  B & B were so great, and took Biggie home for us after the park so we didn't have to take him with us to Stadium of Fire.  It was fun to go on a date with my man!  Sunday was slept in again (yay!) and then packedd up and headed home.  Chris had work off on Monday so we thought it would be fun to head home here to STG and spend Monday with Rhys.  We swam and played at the pool all day Monday and had a delicious BBQ that night.  Yet again... another great weekend with my boys and the rest of the fam!


Other random things to remember...

Chris and I have decided that we are most likely going to make the big move away from this lovely desert for a year or so.  It's not completely for sure yet, but I put a sign in my front yard today advertising my house for rent.  I'm not going to lie, it gave me a bit of a stomach ache to actually do it.  We have been talking about it for a few months now because it will make my babe's life SO much easier, but it's been a tough decision and we want to make sure it's the right one.  It's really weird to think about actually leaving, but in a way I'm kind of excited for a change.  Leaving our families behind will be HORRIBLE, but we'll be back all the time so we'll be okay, right?!?  Let's hope! The thought of having to pack up my entire house makes me want to curl up in a bawl and cry, but someone's got to do it.  If only, it wasn't me!  Ahh!!!  Anyways...  Here's hoping that someone fabulous wants to live in my house for a year and take REALLY good care of it.  That's not to much to ask... is it?!?

I am once again, a student.  I know, I know, I should have done this YEARS ago, but life kind of got in the way, not to mention the big "C," and I just didn't feel like I needed to go back until now.  The real kicker though, is that I am pretty much starting over.  Instead of finishing my Accounting degree, I have decided to work on my Pre-reqs for the nursing program.  Crazy, and maybe a little stupid, I know, but i just can't shake the feeling that this is what I need to do.  Being able to stay home and raise my little son has been the greatest blessing and I want to make sure that if I ever do have to go back to work, I have the ability to do something that won't require me to leave him in daycare.  I feel like the options are kind of endless with nursing, so that's my plan.  Funny things is... I really, really hope that I never have to use it! 

I am so dang proud of my man! He has been crazy busy with work, school, and hours upon hours of driving lately.  I am so grateful for all of his hard work and time spent sacrificing so that I can stay home to take care of our son.  He spends so much time doing things that he really doesn't love and never complains.  If you ever happen to read this babe... know that I love you for always and will never, ever forget how much you are doing for us right now!






My baby boy is definitely not a baby anymore!  I have a full blown toddler on my hands!  He is changing and growing up so fast and I have been horrible about writing down all of his new developments.  So, in an effort to catch up a bit, here's what's on my mind tonight:

*  Today he pointed at Mater and Lightening on his blanket.  he's never done that before.

*  Yesterday, he colored on my tile with pencil (phew) for the first time.  Luckily, it erased!

*  Yesterday he also learned how to get the lid off chap stick and highlighters.  I'm in real trouble now!

*  He has added "all done" and "all gone" to his vocabulary.

*  He has had a rough time with baths lately.  He cries every time, which is so not like him.  He acts like there is something wrong with his boy parts.  It's really sad.  I need to talk to the doc about that.

*  He runs with his arms behind him and looks like a little penguin!

*  He wasn't overly impressed with the Aquarium in SLC.  I think he was a tad too young.  He did love splashing in the Stingray water but was scared out of his mind when they flapped up by him!

*  He loves to talk to daddy on the phone and will talk in his gibberish for a good long time.

*  He runs around the house all day saying, "momma, dada, momma, dada."

*  When he's sad about something, he always wants his dad.

*  He loves to watch Cars in the car and point to the screen every time I put him in his car seat.

*  He gives "knuckles" now and has to do it to every person in the room.

*  He blows kisses to his "brothers" every time we leave the house. 

*  He sleeps with a pillow in his bed now.  I don't know why, but it makes me smile every time I see him sleeping on it like a bog boy!

*  He doesn't really like other dogs.

*  He has learned that he can slide off of the couch or chairs facing forward and laughs like crazy every time he does it.

*  He is the biggest whiner when I am around.  Not so much when it's just the two of us at home, but whenever we are somewhere else and I walk in, he immediately turns it one.  Every one else thinks its hilarious.  Me... not so much!

He is obsessed with shoes and insists on bringing Chris and I our shoes if they are laying around the house.  He always brings us the right pair and is not happy unless we put them on right then and there. 

*  He LOVES the splash pads at the parks.


He is so dang fun these days, even with the dinosaur screech and the whining!  I have decided though, that this will probably be the hardest stage for me and for him.  He picks things up so quickly now and knows exactly what he wants but he's not old enough to reason with, which is hard.  Time out happens quite frequently at our house.  Not because he's really naughty, only because I feel like I have to be consistent with the things that I don't want him to do.  Is that bad??  I hate that he screeches at me all day long, so I make him sit in time out for a minute when he does it.  Somedays, I feel like he's getting it, and others, not so much.  Oh well though.  I know he's still so little and maybe I do expect too much from him.  I don't know.  It's hard to know what to do, especially this first time around.  I guess we'll both figure it out!



Not sure why the spacing is weird.  Kind of annoying.  

5 comments:

Colburns said...

Sounds like a perfect 4th for your guys (0: I am sad you are moving but you need to be with the Weave so it must happen! We miss you guys like crazy, we will have to sneek up soon

Stacie and Jared said...

I'm actually quite fond of the dinosaur screech! Well we are excited you guys are coming up here, it'll be a party!

Staci said...

Oh wow! I wish I would have known about your house for rent a week ago. Dustin't brother just moved down this week and your home would have been perfect (not so sure about them living so close though ;)). How much are you asking for the rent?

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

That will be good for you guys to be together again! I couldn't do the long distance thing!

Drake is getting so big. We for sure need to play ASAP!

Madsen Updates said...

you're moving????? where????? i'm sad your moving, but that would be so hard to do the long distance thing. What is Chris doing??