** Disclaimer... long and boring to be sure! Don't feel obligated to read.
Yet again, I have seriously slacked with this silly blog and I am now hating myself for it. So many "worth remembering" things have happened in the last little while and I have neglected to write about any of them. Ahh!! I have got to get it together. This is surely a sorry excuse for a journal. I KNOW I am going to look back and be extremely sad if I just skip over this last month and move forward so here goes...
On August 18th, we picked up our U-Haul, parked it in our driveway, and packed it up as "tetris" like as possible (with the help of some amazing family and neighbors, of course!) On August 19th, with Chris in the U-Haul and me in the truck pulling a 14 foot trailer that was also packed to the max, we made our way to our new home in Orem. It was a momentous day. After sixteen years of living in beautiful St. George, I finally moved away. It was a bitter sweet day for me. I had been anticipating this move for a few months and was actually excited for the opportunity to experience life somewhere new, but I was devastated and still am, to have to leave behind our incredible parents. I cannot even begin to describe how blessed both Chris and I are to have the parents that we do. They have been more help to us over the last little while than I ever could have imagined. Not only did they help me pack my entire house and clean it better than any cleaning service could dream of, they all made the drive to Orem to help us unpack and get settled. I'm pretty sure that we had our boxes unpacked, everything put away and incredibly organized and even had most of the decorations hung in record time! By Saturday night when everyone left, I looked around and was completely amazed at how much we had accomplished in two short days. And... only because our sweet parents were there to help with everything. Even now, weeks later as I type this, I'm tearing up thinking about how grateful I am for their help and support. Thank you, thank you, thank you parents. We love you and appreciate you so very much!
On Tuesday, following our weekend of unpacking, Chris, Biggie and I headed back to STG to pick up the car and the dogs. We decided to leave them behind on our first trip so they wouldn't be in the way while unpacking. (And it was a good excuse to go back home for another few days!) Because I really had nothing left to do in Orem, I decided to stay in STG until Friday when mom and dad were driving up to spend the weekend painting with Snipes. We had a great few days just relaxing and even got to spend an evening with the Adams family swimming, and watching Biggie try to drown himself multiple times. (note to self... don't forget to write about that at some point.) On Friday, Biggie, the boys and I packed up the car and headed back to Orem. It was a rather long drive with Tobie panting uncontrollably in my ear the ENTIRE time, but we made it and I can honestly say that I was glad to be back to our little house. Friday night and Saturday were spent at Snipes and Melissa's apartment painting with mom, dad, B & B and Snipes. Even though we were working the whole time, it was fun to be with the fam and having mom and dad there definitely helped ease the initial pain of being away from home.
The following weekend (Labor Day) we decided to pack up, once again and head to Mammoth Creek to meet up with mom and dad at the cabin. We debated about going, seeing as how we had already driven so much in the few weeks prior, but in the end, we decided to go. We spent Friday night and all day Saturday at the cabin, enjoying the beautiful weather and fresh mountain air and then drove to STG for the remainder of our stay. Again, it was so nice to be with the fam but by the time we arrived home on Wednesday morning at 2:30, I was really glad to be home and to know that we were staying there for more than a few days.
This last weekend was our very first full weekend at home here in Orem. And honestly, I was kind of excited! On Saturday the tree of us drove up north a little ways to shop, grabbed a bit to eat at JcW's and relaxed for the remainder of the day. Sunday we headed to Stake Conference and spent the rest of the day at home with B & B, Snipes, Tae, Nick and our friends Issac and Amberlee. It was super fun to have a house full for dinner and football treats. Having the siblings close by as definitely helped make the move way more fun!
All in all, I have to say that so far, even though it hasn't even been a month, I really do love it here! Because I really don't have much to do during the day while Chris is at work, Biggie and I have started taking drives around Provo and Orem
Anyway... it really has been so fun to live in an area that has so much to offer shopping wise too! I have only ever lived in STG while old enough to care about shopping, so to have everything I could ever want within five minutes of my house, is such a treat! I know it probably sounds so silly, but I really do get so excited every time I see a new place that I haven't been before. I feel like I've been to every store in STG a hundred times so the possibility of new places is great! Not to mention the fact that we have fruit and veggie stands on almost every corner! Ahh... love the fresh peaches and watermelon. I feel like I should be writing about some super fab place because I think it's so great here, but nope... it's just Orem! Who knew that little ol' funky Orem could be so cool! Not me! I have been sweetly surprised!
So, to end this extremely long post and to sum up these last few weeks, I have to say that I miss the parents and the Weavers terribly, there are a few funky things about our place (more on that later), I'm thrilled to be close to the siblings, I LOVE having a husband again, and I honestly feel like we made the right decision by moving. Everything about our situation right now seems right. We're kind of still in the "in-between" stage with few things, but I really do believe that we are supposed to be here until we get all the in-betweens sorted out!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
I'm horrible!
Posted by Whitney and Chris at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad you guys are alive and well and survived a move--moving is painful!
We are sure glad you guys moved up here, I've never had siblings close by for the past 4 years, so even though it stinks for mom and pops, we are very happy about it!
Post a Comment