Thursday, September 30, 2010

20 months... going on four years old!

[09.28.10]



Today my little son is 20 months old.  It seems kind of strange to still be counting his life in months, but I guess that's what you do until they're two.  It's also kind of strange this month to say that time seems to have slowed, just a touch.  The days and weeks still seem to fly by, but I feel like I am able to enjoy Drake more and more each day without feeling like he has changed too quickly.  This last month has been a really funny one with this little boy.  Some days it's weird for me to think that he really is only 20 months because so often I look at him and he seems like such a big boy.  I watch him play cars and use his lawn mower and catch myself thinking that he looks so much like an older child.  I think I just didn't realize until now how quickly little ones learn to do all of the things that they see those around them doing.  I guess it really shouldn't surprise me that Drake knows exactly how to "get ready in the morning" simply from watching his daddy do it time and time again, or that he knows how to get EVERYTHING he wants from his daddy and now his Te-Te!  Sometimes it's frustrating how much he does comprehend and how often he fights me when he doesn't want to do what I am him to, but I am very grateful for my strong willed, stubborn little boy.  He will need that strong will and stubbornness as he gets older to help him be the person he should be, so now even when it's a bit tiresome, I am grateful for who he is and love him more than I ever dreamed possible!

Things to remember about Drake at [20] months:

*  He knows how to put on deodorant, cologne, ad Gold Bond and loves to show off his new tricks!

*  He loves being outside right now.  He has always liked being out and about but lately, he cries and throws a fit every time I have to bring him in, unless I bribe him.  Sad, but true!

*  He loves to throw things off the deck.

*  He LOVES his Te-Te!  He has her wrapped around his little finger and runs to her every time he isn't getting what he wants from me.  

*  He is still such a picky eater.  He has a new found love for hot dogs though, and wants to eat them for every meal.  I love a good dog myself, but my child will not be eating hot dogs all day, every day, so we battle about that almost every day!

*  He still has night terrors occasionally.  They are the strangest things and stress Chris and I out when they happen.  I really hope he out grows them soon.

*  He doesn't really like to be played with.  Having someone close by is okay, but don't try to touch his stuff!

*  He has taken to "driving" his cars all over the house, and particularly likes the walls.

*  He still goes to bed fairly early (8:00 ish) but if we do keep him up too late, he gets very deliriously happy.  He runs around like a crazy man and laughs hysterically at everything.

*  He is talking so much these days.  He still doesn't like to repeat things and will only do so if I ask him to "tell me about" something.  He definitely prefers to just talk on his own.  His new words this week are nice, cool, Tet (Te-Te), Two, goose, sit, and park.

*  Te-Te has taught him how to "goose."  When you tell him to come here and get a goose, he comes running up, turns around and waits for you to pinch his little bum.  It's the cutest thing!

*  He is now wearing size SEVEN shoes!  The kid's feet are huge!

*  He likes to but his binki and blank in his "spot" in the car.

*  He has been sleeping with his Buzz doll since Te-Te got here.  He loves it.

*  He still likes to be sung to at night before we put him into his bed.  We usually sing three songs every night.  Most nights, after the last song, he leans towards his bed and is ready to be tucked in.

*  He is constant entertainment.  I find myself watching him all throughout the day and wondering how such a little dude can be so thoroughly entertaining!

*  He is the light of our lives and the best part of our worlds! 

0 comments: