Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chris and Whit

Obviously this blog is devoted almost 100% to Mr. Drake Weaver, which is just how I like it however; I decided it might be a good idea to jot down a few things about Chris and I for the 2011 book's sake.  So far, 2011 has been a good year for us.  It has been full of changes, another move and a new start at school for me, but all is well and we are happy!

 (This is solely for me, so anyone that may be reading this, please don't feel obligated to read the entire post!  It's long and journaly... beware!)

The quick re-cap:

Back in May, I found out that I had been accepted to the nursing program at Dixie.  It was a really tough decision to make, but in the end we decided to make the move back to STG so I could accept my spot and work towards my nursing degree.  During the same time, Chris was offered the chance to move back to take over the STG market for work, which kind of made the decision to move a no brainer.  We really, really loved living in northern Utah and were super sad to leave.  We loved living so close to the sibs and are seriously missing our Sunday night get togethers.  Luckily, my program is only three semesters long.  Hopefully as soon as I am done, we can move back north and still have the sibs around for a few years!

Going back to school has been bitter sweet for me.  I have known for two years now that this was what I needed to do and getting accepted so quickly confirmed that feeling for me, but man is it hard to leave my boy and be gone so much.  I absolutely love my program though!  All of my professors are amazing, the other people in my class are the very best and I am honestly excited at the thought of being a nurse someday.  I just wish that I would have done this ten years ago.  I know that at the time, it wasn't the right decision for me but I can't help but regret the time I spent pursuing my accounting degree.  Oh well though.  There's nothing I can do about that.  Because my program is pretty demanding of my time, I am constantly taking Drake from place to place.  Fortunately though, I have my family close to help me. I am so very grateful for all of them and truly could not do this without them!  None of them realized that they were signing up for nursing school too!  Mom, Dad, Pam, and Aubs help me with Drake every single week and have made these last few months wonderful for him.  He LOVES being able to spend one on one time with Grandma and Aubs and has the best time at their houses.  He cries almost every time I pick him because he doesn't want to go home! Mom and Dad have been amazing, as always!  They are more help to me and more supportive than I ever could have imagined!  They have always, always supported me in all that I have done but this time around I have really needed there help and they have been here by my side every step of the way!  I cannot even begin to express my gratitude for them, the Weavers and Aubie.  I absolutely could not do this without them!

 Although I feel guilty about being gone so much, I am so grateful that Drake is able to build such strong relationships with his grandparents and aunts and uncles.  I have always been so grateful for the relationships that I have with Omie and my aunts and uncles and I want more than anything for Drake to feel the same way someday.  He has been blessed with the very best grandparents and aunts and uncles and I want him to always have a strong bond with each of them!

Chris is still as hard working, loving, and sexy as always! He is always wonderful, but he has been especially amazing these last few months.  When I first started school, we all kind of had a rough time adjusting to my schedule and we even questioned our decision to move in this direction but after working through it, we're back on track!  Chris is the world's best dad and anyone that has been around my child for more than two seconds knows it!  Drake is still completely OBSESSED with Chris and absolutely cannot get enough daddy time.  I know he loves it, however; I'm sure there are times when he feels like he needs a minute to breath without the two of us in his face, but he never, ever complains.  He is so patient with both of us and puts up with our "bi-polar" moments, as I like to call them!  As much as Drake looks like Chris, he is still most definitely more like me in the personality department, which I'm sure is a bit exhausting for Chris at times!

Chris is so very close to being done with school.  He has one more measly credit that he needs to take during Spring semester and will officially graduate in May.  Luckily though, he is done with all of his major classes.  I can't even begin to explain how proud I am of him!  He has never been a school boy and had absolutely no intention of going to school after his mission, but he made the decision to go back and get it done a few years ago and I am so grateful that he did!  He did so well in his program and is now even tossing around the idea of going to Grad school.  I am really excited for him to be able to pursue what he loves in a year or so.  He has always worked so hard to make sure that we always have insurance and once Drake was born, to make sure that I could stay home.  I am so grateful for a husband that is willing to do that for me and for our child.  As Tet would say, "he's such a good man!"  I am so lucky to have him as my man and plan to hold on tight forever!  

Other than school, work, and being parents, there isn't much else to report about us!  Life is really busy and my schedule is kind of a nightmare right now but I truly am happy!  This year has brought about a lot of changes in circumstance for people that we love and as hard as it is to see things change in life, it has also made me re-evaluate how greatly I have been blessed.  I have a husband that loves me and still wants to be my man, even after seven years.  I have a beautiful little boy that makes my life complete, and I have an amazing family that is cheering me on and holding my hand through this crazy time in my life!  Even though life is never just as we think it should be, I am learning that it's most important to try our very best to just be happy with who we are and what we have been given in our lives.  As crazy as it is to be 28 and kind of up in the air with our plans, I am oddly okay with it because I know that the things that are most important in my life are still the same and stronger than ever.  Just this morning as my husband crawled back in bed with me for a snuggle for the third time, I reminded myself how truly blessed and happy I am.  It's really the littlest things like that that have helped me to realize that the bigger things that don't always go my way, aren't even important.  Life is what I make it, and I am grateful for the good and the bad times that have helped me to see that!         

0 comments: