Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Things he says.

I just pulled out my blog books from the last two years and am now kicking myself for being such a slacker.  I wrote down WAY more things about Drake last year than I have this year.  I was faithful about my monthly Drake posts but for some reason just stopped when he turned two.  It's pretty unfortunate really.  I guess the thousands of pictures I have will have to suffice.  Today however, I do want to write down a few of the funny things that he has been saying lately.  There's no way that I'll remember them all but at least its a start!

Lately he has been saying, "I are" instead of I am and he usually says "I nare."  He'll say things like, "I nare going to watch Mic," or "I nare going to play with Dylan."  He also says, "I nem" instead of I am when he's using I am correctly.

One of his new favorites is, "those are not the rules."  He likes to tell me this when I tell him, "those are the rules," typically when I'm telling him no.  I have to bite my tongue in order to not laugh back at him.

Yesterday he told me, "You don't talk to my Gram like that!" Nice!  Obviously he's been told that a few times.

Usually when Drake gets "in trouble," he has to have a "talk" with me.  He very rarely has to go to time out anymore but he does have to have talks when he is doing something naughty.  Typically when he has to have talks, I end the conversation with asking him if he understands.  A few weeks ago I told him to climb off of the elliptical machine and he told me, "I not get down...understand!"  I about lost it!  I had to fight with all I had to not bust up laughing!  It was really one of the funnier things he has said to date!  Obviously he was being bratty but it was hilarious, non the less!  He has said this to me a few times since then and every time I have to turn away so I don't laugh at him.

Another new development is the use of "cause" at the beginning of every sentence.  He says things like, "cause I need it," or "cause I want to..."  The other day he told me, "Cause I need my black jeep, cause I want it, cause Santa Claus is going to bring it to me if I'm a nice boy."  He has also been saying, "cause why," a lot lately.  He'll usually ask me "cause why" 20 times when I tell him or ask him to do anything.

Today he has really been on a role and has said quite a few funny things.  The very best though was, "don't say that kind of crap!"  Horrible I know, but when I told him that we didn't talk like that, he proceeded to tell me to, "chill out mom!"  Oh dear!  And then... later today he started running around telling everyone to, "shape up!" Ya think he's heard that a time or two!?  I think I might be in trouble with this little boy!  He remembers EVERYTHING!

Drake was seriously the easiest kid in the world to potty train!  I need to write a post about that for my memories sake but in this one I just want to write down what he now says.  Whenever I ask him if he needs to go potty, he quickly answers with, "no, I need tell you," and he always does.  I am so dang proud of him and can't help but smile every time I hear, "I need tell you!"

Recently, he has also started telling me that he needs either one more thing or one more time.  He'll stand right in my face and tell me, "just one more time mom," or, "just one more mom."  This is usually accompanied by chuckling from the peanut gallery (mom and Chris) which doesn't ever help my cause!  My child has us all wrapped right around his little finger and loves to let me know it!

Every night he tells whoever is nugging and putting him to bed, "just one more minute."  He'll try it three or four times and usually gets a few extra minutes out of us.

He loves to chase the dogs around the house but he loves bossing them around even more.  If they're outside he'll run out yelling, "get in the house."  If they're in the house and barking he'll chase them and yell, "stop that barking!"  Again... he's obviously heard these way too much!

Another favorite phrase as of late is, "you sneaky bugger!"  Chris told him that the mice in his prophet book were sneaky buggers and the phrase has just stuck.  He now calls all of us at home sneaky buggers and loves to say, "you sneaky bugger momma," or, "you sneaky bugger Gram!"

Funny Drake pronunciations...

- sool (school)
- recsue (rescue, as in buzz lightyear to the rescue)
- imponey (infinity, as in to infinity and beyond)
- noke (milk)
- beeu (blue)
- egular (regular)

Well... that's all I can think of right now.  I need to be better about keeping a running list so these posts will be better and easier to get done.  Drake is honestly at the best age!  He keeps us laughing constantly and has such a sweet and yet super funny personality!  He is also as Te-Te would say, "such good boy."  I know that I am biased as his mother, but I have to say that my little man is a well behaved child.  He has his moments, just like all kids, but for the most part, he is an incredibly easy child.  I have been so blessed and am extremely grateful to have him as my little son!

[10.26.11]

This morning when Drake went to pick out what cereal he wanted for breakfast, he grabbed his box and said, "this is perfect!"  I say "perfect" all the time and I guess he's gonna hang on to that one too!  While he was eating his cereal, he wanted me to look at him so he could show me that he only had one more marshmallow left.   To get my attention and have me look at him he said, "mom, open your eyes!"  He's been saying that one for a few weeks now and always says it when he wants you to look at him.  I guess he thinks if we're not looking at him that our eyes are closed.  Funny kid!