I just wanted to post really quickly about a few random things. The first item of business is my need to brag about my mom. My mom is the best! I know every girl has the best mom in the whole world, but my mom definitely takes the cake! She has been my saving grace for most of my life and never fails to amaze me! One of the best parts about being pregnant has been sharing it with my mom. Before I even found out I was pregnant, I used to think up ways to tell her when I was because I just knew how excited she would be. And... when the time came, she did not disappoint! The moment she realized what was happening, was a brief moment in my life that I will never forget! I have had so much fun shopping and planning for this little guy and none of it would have been as fun with out my mom! This picture below is just one of the many blankets that she has made for her first grand baby. The picture really does not do it justice because it is absolutely adorable, but it's all I have. I can't wait to wrap little weave up in it when he's a little older and tell him just how much his grammy loves him!

Next item of business... bedding fabric. Once again, mom to the rescue with this one! I started looking at fabric for the crib bedding awhile back and was convinced that I wasn't going to find anything that I liked here in ol' STG, but it actually only took one trip to JoAnns with my mom and we had it all picked out! Again, the picture is a little off, but that's the gist of it. I hope it turns out cute! I would like to say that I will be doing the majority of the work for this project, but let's be honest, I can't sew a straight line to save my life! I will most likely be supervising while my poor mom slaves away! Maybe someday I'll get the hang of sewing!


10 comments:
ooooh...cute fabric.
And your right...your mom is pretty sweet! tell her hi from the Melessas :)
Love the blanket, love the bedding fabric. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Also, 19lbs is nothing! Just wait! hehe :) j/k! You're gorgeous!
Super cute! Your mom is amazing. I bet the bedding will turn out goreous. Oh its so much fun planning for a baby. Oh I also love the furniture you picked out. They will go great together. Fun Fun Stuff!!!
It looks like it's going to be really cute. You'll have to post pictures when it's finished.
I am so excited to finally see pictures of the fabric! It is going to be SO cute Whit. I cant wait to see the finished product. And I love the blanket your mom made you! Its darling.
Okay so my babies bedding is almost exactly like the quilt your momma made...except I have the turtles instead of the frogs :) Good taste!
Your mom is amazing! I love the quilt and the fabric!
yeah Mom's pretty much the coolest ever!!!
Those are cute colors and they will look great together! I can't wait to see what you guys think up! That blanket is so cute! He is one lucky little guy with a grammy like that. Today might just be the last day of freedom. Notice the time of this I can't sleep worth crap!
I happened to stumble across your blog while Matt was sitting next to me. He just wants you to know that he loves you two as teachers! I think you're great too!
Post a Comment