Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seriously!!!

Okay... so I am not typically one to rant and rave on my blog but tonight's events
warrant a bit of a rant.

Chris and I decided that it was high time to finally see This Is It.
We met up with the Shaw's and ended up having the theater almost completely to ourselves...
for a minute.

Ten minutes into the movie,
two mom's come tromping in with four or five little kids,
none of which could have been over seven.
Although the entire theater was empty, they of course, had to sit right behind us.
After many bumps to the back of our heads and bashes with the ever so large purses,
they managed to get situated and we all sat back to watch the movie.
The little guy behind Chris had a hard time settling down and ended up kicking his seat for a good half hour, but he eventually feel asleep.
Obviously, even though the movie was rated PG, it's not exactly a movie that a three year old would enjoy. DUH!

Anyways... like I said, we all managed to enjoy the show until the very end.
Right as Michael was getting ready to rehearse Billy Jean,
I felt a sudden stream of fluid come splattering on my face and all over my clothes.
Completely caught off guard, it took me a minute to realize what was happening.
The little boy that was sitting behind Chris must have woken up and had to pee
and the Mom's of the Year that he was with obviously weren't watching him as he dropped trow and went to town all over us!
Yep, that's right... he PEED ALL OVER US right in the theater! Unbelievable, right?!?!

Naturally, we were a bit irritated with the situation, but of course it wasn't the little boy's fault so we just left the theater and went to the bathroom to try to clean up a bit. Pretty much pointless, but we at least washed our hands and faces.
Now, you'd think that if you were the mom of this child that had just peed all over strangers in a movie theater, you'd be completely mortified and try to do everything possible to make the situation okay. Offer to pay for dry cleaning, offer to buy their movie tickets, offer to help them clean up, or at the very least, SAY SORRY for the love!! You'd think that would be the very first thing that you would say to the couple standing in front of you dripping with your son's urine!!! But... do you think she did that??? NOPE, NOPE, NOPE! She didn't even say sorry! Are you kidding me?? Really... who does that!?!

After our attempt at cleaning up, we decided to try to catch the last of the movie, thinking that Mom's of the Year would surely say SOMETHING to us after the show ended however; I did find it odd that they even came back into the theater and watched the end of the show after what happened. If it were my kid, I would have hauled out of there as fast as I could as soon as I made sure everything was okay. But... they didn't. They decided to stay until the end.
When the credits began to roll, the crew packed up and headed out, walking right by me and still not saying one word. So... being the hag that I am, I decided to walk out right behind them, just to see if they were really and truly going to leave without apologizing. I know, I'm immature, but I couldn't help it. I was so dumbfounded that they hadn't apologized, I couldn't help myself.

I followed them out to the parking lot and ended up being parked right next to them. I even walked uncomfortably close to the mom right as I walked up to my car, just to see if she would make eye contact. And what to you know... she didn't. I honestly COULD NOT believe it! Now maybe I'm making a WAY bigger deal about this than I should be, but I honestly cannot understand how someone can be so completely rude and inconsiderate. Like I said, we all know it wasn't anyone's fault, exactly, but that doesn't mean that the mother isn't responsible for making sure that everyone involved is okay. Some people!!!

So, the moral of my story... women that don't apologize when their kids pee on people are HAGS!!!

13 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

All I can say is.... OH MY GOSH. I can't believe a kid literally peed all over you.

That sucks... sorry!

P.S. I'm calling you this week to make plans. December is going to get crazy, so if we don't do dinner soon, then it probably won't happen.

Morgan said...

You are not immature by expecting an apology! That is gross!! I would have been so embarrassed as a mother.

Colburns said...

I think your overreacting just a little bit Whitters! - love Colburn

kat said...

Wow... I just really can't believe someone else's kid peed on you in a movie theater. I'm so sorry. Noone should have to experience that. I'm with you, I would have booked it out of that theater right after my kid did that, especially if I wasn't going to apologize. But maybe there are some deeper issues going on with that family.

Jess said...

That is CRAZY! I would have talked to the theater manager and complained about the woman and her kid so that they would never be allowed to go back and pee on somebody else. Seriously that is so disgusting! I don't think you are overeacting at all!!!

jaesi said...

obviously something is wrong when a kid thinks he can drop his drawers at a movie. I hate to think what their house smells like.

Id be "pissed". :)

sorry bout that.

Stacie and Jared said...

LOL that's seriously the most hilarious thing I've heard! What a freakin psycho mom though! I'm surprised you didn't say anything though, seriously I am. . . way to be the better sport!

Melanie and Curtis said...

Oh, you poor Weavers! That is the most disgusting thing ever. There is NO way you are over reacting. I think I really would have said something to the mother. Wow..some people. Sorry you had to experience that...I am speechless...

Tammy K said...

ya know ... getting peed on is the last thing you worry about happening when going to a movie!

Kurtis and Iva said...

Oh my goodness! Of all the things to happen in a movie theatre. I can't believe the mother didn't (at the very least) apologize!

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

seriously I can't believe it what a joke! What a stupid mother!

Kelli Eudis said...

Wow! I wasn't expecting that. Holy crap, I can't believe she didn't say ANYthing. I think I might have said something to her? And you were definitely not being immature. That mom needs to learn some manners herself. Those poor kids.

Unknown said...

I would like to start off by saying I'm really sorry that happened to you. In defense of this mother however she is doing the best she can. She is an awesome person and I'm sure she wasn't meaning to be rude. Sorry again!