Monday, November 30, 2009

Ten

Last night as I was writing in this little man's journal, I became seriously depressed! I just realized that I only have two more months before my little son is one and officially on his way to becoming a kid! At 12 months, the big kid stuff begins. I'm not ready for him to drink out of big boy cups and go without his binky. Can't he just stay little for a few more years?!? Don't get me wrong... I am SUPER excited for him as a toddler, even knowing that it's going to be rough, I am just not quite ready to let "Drake as a tiny baby" go!

Things to remember about Drake at {TEN} months:

* He finally has two little teeth. They both popped up within a week of each other.

* He still has NO desire to crawl. I'm beginning to worry a bit!

* He has had his first ear infection and tiny flu bug and was really a champ through it all.

* He points at everything and loves to wave his arms around.

* He knows his Grammy's house and starts to wiggle in his car seat when we pull into the driveway.

* He had his first weekend with daddy all by himself and was great! Both he and daddy survived and managed to enjoy it!

* He likes to watch football... really, he does! He will sit and stare at the TV forever.

* His feet haven't grown in awhile. He is still a size three.

* He is wearing his 12 month pants because he needs the length. He has some long legs!

* He loves medicine and opens his mouth when he sees me coming with the dropper.

* He loves to mimic coughing and sneezing with his fake cough.

* He can point to my nose if I ask him where it is.

* He has become quite the little chatter box. He "talks" all the time, especially while we're driving.

* He doesn't love to drink out of the sippy. He can do it, he just prefers not to! Taking the bottle away will be easy because he doesn't really care about it anymore but I'm not sure how I'll get him to drink anything.

* He reaches out when he wants someone to hold him.

* He still loves the remotes and my phone.

* He LOVED his first Thanksgiving dinner and probably ate more than I did!

* He is still such a good eater! He is not picky at all and will eat pretty much anything I give him.

* He may be developing a real problem with sharing. He cried yesterday when a little girl at church walked away with one of his toys that he wasn't even playing with!

* I think he is starting to look a little bit like me. Not noticeably to most people, but my mom and Te-Te can see it! He is still mostly his daddy's son, but there may be a hint of Musso in there!

* He is so darn fun at this age and is truly the light of our lives!

Oh... I just love this baby!!

2 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

So cute! Enjoy that fact that he doesn't move too much. Nathan is into EVERYTHING and already was at his age. They grow up way too fast.

Also, Nathan was such a great eater and at 14 months realized he had a say in what he ate and all of a sudden he is very opinionated on what he eats. Just cross your fingers Drake doesn't develop this, because it is a pain.

Madsen Updates said...

i know i have said this a billion times, but i can't help it...he is SO ridiculously cute!!! i LOVE his eyes. can't believe he's 10 months already...they really do just get more and more fun though...i am loving the stage lincoln is in right now...he talks so much, and is hilarious.