Sunday, November 22, 2009

What a Week!

Mr. Big and I spent this last week in Arizona with the Colburns. Charlotte needed some extra help with the kiddies so Drake and I flew down on Sunday to stay and play until Saturday. Although the week was filled with a few more surprises than anticipated and a bit more puke than any one really wanted, all in all, we made it home safe and yes, Brinton and Char... we definitely still love you!


I called Drake and Nixin my "twins" for the week. Even though Nixin is 3.5 months older, Drake has her beat by three pounds! She is such a tiny little thing! She is definitely her mother's daughter! Lucky for us, the cute Owen's family only lives a few miles from the Colburn's so we managed to meet up for some park and zoo time. Brexton and Ryan had fun whipping trees with their pretend whips made out of yucca plants and the two baby boys enjoyed themselves and the shoes they pulled off Nixin's feet. It was a good time!

Ruckus the kitten was one of the unexpected surprises of the week. The poor little thing was abandoned at the neighborhood park and Charlotte's pain meds got the best of her, which is how this little thing ended up becoming the newest member of the Colburn crew. He really is darling and Brexton and Cote are in heaven.

Thursday we met up with Kristen and the boys and Emily and Adam at the zoo. Mr. Big had never been to the zoo before and was really still too young to care about most of the animals, but he did enjoy the squirrels and birds that were close to where we ate lunch. He also had fun sharing toys with Adam and watching all of the other people that were there.
Unfortunately, in spite of the fun we had, there were a few rough times. Poor little Nixin ended up with an ear infection on Wednesday, Charlotte got the pukes on Thursday, Brexton got the pukes on Friday, I got the pukes on Friday night and had to fly home on Saturday morning feeling like I would have been better off dead! Seriously, what are the chances of that! So far, Mr. Big hasn't started with the pukes, but we did make our first visit to the instacare tonight because he decided that he really wanted to be Nixin's twin and now has his very first ear infection! Unbelievable!
All in all though, even though all of us spent some part of the week feeling crappy, we all survived and I got to spend an entire week with some of my most favorite people! Thanks so much for having us Brinton and Char! We love you and can't wait for Polar Express!

Oh, and one last thing... this is what I came home to!
For anyone that knows Chris Weaver, this is a demonstration of true love! My babe hates to put up Christmas lights but he did it this week, all on his own, to surprise me when I got home. What a good love I have!

4 comments:

Colburns said...

oh so you do still like us? We were hoping you would, we loved having you guys even though I can't remember half the week and I am sorry about the pukes! Can't wait to see you next month!

Stacie and Jared said...

Wow that is seriously a miracle that Weave put up Christmas lights!!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Hopefully Mr. Big won't get the pukes. LUCKILY (knock on wood) Nathan has never had the pukes and I'm hoping to make it through the winter without him getting them.

Looks like you had a fun even with all the "events" and got to see a bunch of friends! How fun!

P.S. I'm going this week for an ultrasound, so hopefully we'll be able to see what we are having. I'll let you know!

Emily Blais said...

OH NO, I was totally hoping you would not get sick. I am SO SORRY!!!! It was so fun seeing you and Drake. We just love you guys. Adam and I are flying in to St. George early for Christmas, so lets for sure get together!

ps, will you email me that picture of me and Adam? Both the ones I have, he is not smiling.