Friday, March 4, 2011

Randoms...

I feel like life has been a little crazy and stressful lately.  I'm feeling pretty uptight about my school situation, which in turn is making everything seem a bit more hectic.  I'm super concerned about my grades this semester because I am planning to apply to one nursing program in a week and to another in August.  I am typically a good student and usually enjoy most of my classes but for some reason my one class this semester is not going as well as planned.  Chemistry is just not for me.  I am horrible at it!  I've decided that my chemo must have fried my brain more than I realized because oh man... I am just not getting it or retaining what I do manage to figure out.  I'm sure taking an online chem class was not the smartest, given the fact that I didn't learn one darn thing in my high school chem class, but it was the best option for a mom.  I have to say though, I'm kind of paying the price for the convenience, but hopefully I can pull it together and finish up with a decent grade. 
(today this seems doubtful, but I might surprise myself!)

Drake has been a funny little monkey lately.  I have been such a slacker and haven't even finished his Two Year post yet but I really need to.  He has changed so much over the last few months.  He comes up with some funny stuff these days.  His latest is telling me, "no, I'm good," when I ask him if he wants something.  I need to get it on video.  It's priceless!

Life for Chris is about the same.  Work, driving to STG, and school.  He is still making the weekly trek to STG for class and is getting really sick of it. (who wouldn't, after a year of doing it!)
He is scheduled to be done with class in June and will officially graduate in December. 
We are counting down the days.
I am so dang proud of him for buckling down and getting it done.
He has spent hundreds of hours in the car and in the classroom over this last year and very rarely complains.  I don't know how he does it, but I am sure grateful that he will have it done and under his belt soon.  

February pictures...

 One morning as I was walking down the stairs to get Drake out of bed, I heard him say, "I get out mom."  He typically plays in his crib for at least 10-15 minutes before I get him up and usually says some pretty funny things.  I didn't think much of what he had said until I walked in and this is what I found.  Luckily, my camera was right outside his door so I was able to catch him in action!  He never got his leg over any farther than this, but I know he can.  He's climbed out once six months ago, but he hasn't attempted it since.  Hopefully he remains too afraid to try any harder!  
I am so not ready for a big boy bed.

 If you were to come to my house tomorrow morning around 8:30 am, this is what you would find.  Biggie Boy, Mic and Min, all in their "bots" on my bed watching Mic on TV.  It's quite the ritual.  We do this very same thing every single morning.  On the weekends, daddy gets to have a bot on the bed too.  It's pretty great!   

 The last time we went to the Lehi Pool, Big discovered the lockers.  
They were a perfect size for hiding in.  

 Chris keeps all of his watches and sunglasses in an organizer on his nightstand.  A month or so ago, Big discovered that he could reach everything and now likes to wear all of 
daddy's watches at least once a day.  

For Valentine's Day this year, we kept things pretty low key.  Biggie was happy about his Valentine's basket from mommy and daddy, I was thrilled about my pedicure gift card and roses that my lover gave me and Chris was beyond excited about his Valentine's present from me... a new Apple product, one of which he has wanted for a good long while.  

Drake Weaver is a fishy! Our last visit to the pool lasted for over three hours and he was not ready to go when it was time.  He cried all the way into the locker room and wasn't happy until he discovered the lockers.  He is fearless around the water and I'm pretty sure that the life guards thought he was going to drowned on more than one occasion.  

The Disney Store that is my son's crib!  The newest additions to the family are Kitty and Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc.  Every "guy" has to have their certain bot.  I had to take out the bumpers to make room for all the guys.  It was just too tight in there.  In addition to the guys,  the cut binki and the jar of "boogey cream," have to be on the edge of the crib.  The boogey cream has to be applied to Big's nose and "tummy" (his chest) every night too.  I'm not kidding when I say that my little son is a creature of habit and his habits seem to develop much more quickly than most!  A few nights with a stuffy nose and the vapor rub has led to an every night ordeal.  

2 comments:

Colburns said...

You will pull it together in chem because you are awesome like that! Biggie is so cute I love his little personality he is getting

Maren said...

Whit! Drake is one of the cutest boys I have ever seen. He is going to be a heart breaker for sure :). I love and miss you...I think about Esthetician school every now and then and am so grateful for you over that year that you were in my life every day. I would really love to stop by and see you sometime! I am in SLC, not too far from you. Ill text you sometime.

Maren