Friday, June 24, 2011

Randoms...

Way back in March, I applied for Dixie's nursing program.  At the time, we thought there would be a good chance that Chris would be spending a lot of time in Las Vegas for work which would enable me to be in STG for the three semesters of school, if I were to get in.  It was pretty rough applying in March and having to wait until the end of May to find out whether or not I was accepted, but in the mean time, things in Las Vegas were done sooner that we had expected, which took away the chance for Chris to go back and forth between Vegas and STG.  Even knowing this and realizing that I probably wouldn't be able to make it work, I was still thrilled when May 20th came around and I received notice that I had been accepted into the program!  It was completely bitter sweet but great, nonetheless!  That night, my boys took me to Zupas to get my very favorite soup to celebrate.  It was a low key evening but was just how I like it!  Dinner with my handsome loves, the best cauliflower soup around, and the peace of mind knowing that I had accomplished something that I had put my mind to!

Whether or not I will actually be able attend Dixie's program is still TBD.  It starts in August... I guess we better make a decision soon!
 


[memorial weekend 2011]
We packed up, yet again, and headed to STG for Memorial weekend.  The weather in Orem was still super iffy and we wanted to spend a few days in the sun so off to the desert we went.  We had a great few days playing with the fam.  Drake was re-united with his squirt bottle and scored a new pair of sunglasses from Gram.  He learned to go down the slide by himself at G & G Weaver's and discovered the art of "roasting" marshmallows over Grammy and Pop-Pop's fire pit.  All in all, it was a really fun weekend with good company, good food and lots of sunshine!


1 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

CONGRATS! That is so exciting you got accepted! Can't wait to see what you end up doing! Let's plan something in the next few months! We miss you guys!