Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby Drake AKA "Little Weave"

Here he is! I honestly can't believe how incredible these last few days have been.  I find myself staring at my baby amazed that he's actually mine!  Thanks so much to all of you that have left such sweet comments about our new addition.  We are home now and are just settling in and loving our little one.  He is as precious as can be and fits right in with my house full of boys. 


 
Heading home  (these pictures are a bit out of order)
He has blonde hair, just like his daddy.  Yay for blonde and not red!!

Grammy and Drake
The proud daddy! I know everyone thinks they have the best husband in the entire world, and I know that I am biased, but my babe is seriously the best! He was so sweet to me through everything and couldn't be more adorable with his little boy.
Being a mom, even though it's only been one day, is incredible.  It seems like we have waited for this day to come forever and now that it has, I couldn't be more grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending me such an amazing little gift.  Drake is a dream come true for us and we can't wait for all of you to meet him!

45 comments:

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

what a cutie! congrats!

Stacie and Jared said...

Yeah I pretty much have the cutest nephew in the whole entire world!!!!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared and Shalynn said...

Oh congratulations!! He's such a cutie! Being a mom is the best and so rewarding...you will love it and be great at it.

Morgan said...

He is adorable! Wow! Congrats you guys. Whitney, how are you feeling?? Besides of course being totally in love with your new sweet baby! :)

Carlos said...

He is super cute! Glad everything is going great as you get settled in! Have fun withn your new little one!

jaesi said...

He is so beautiful. Congratulations!
I lover his name.

Jess said...

He is so cute! Congrats! Being a mother really is the best thing in the world! I hope you all are adjusting well and getting some sleep!

Kelli Eudis said...

Hey Congrats!! That is so exciting. He is adorable, and I LOVE his name :) Hope you are feeling great! It's the best thing in the world being a mom!

Colburns said...

I think he is so cute!! I love him already! It is so funny though to think that you are a mom now and someone will be calling you mommy. I have known since the day I met you that you were born to be a mother. You will be the best mother a child could ask for. I already look up to you so much! We love you guys congratulations

Emily said...

congrats congrats whit! We are so excited! My mom called a couple hours ago to fill me in and I have been checking your blog since then hoping for pics. He is adorable and we obviously love boys! It'll be good to have a blondie in the bunch! Love to you all!

Madsen Updates said...

yea!!!! congratulations...he is SO cute. i want to come see him as soon as you're feeling up to it. I can't wait to meet him, and hear all about it. by the way, i LOVE his name.

Jared and Chrissy said...

He is super cute. Congrats! I was kind of hoping for the red hair, the world needs a few more red heads, but he is perfect with the blonde. I am so excited to meet him. Jared says congrats too!

Shanel said...

He is so cute. It is such a miracle having a baby, and it is also a miracle and dream come true for you. They grow up way too fast so take every moment in.

cor and chelle said...

He is a beautiful litle guy! Congrats you guys!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Oh Whit! I am so happy for you guys! I remember those first few days like they were yesterday! Isn't it amazing! Cherish EVERY minute of those first few days! I can't wait to come see Drake. Nathan is super sick, so we'll probably wait for a few weeks. I want to make sure he is totally better! I'll call you this weekend or the first of the week! Congrats again Weaver family.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

P.S. Love his blonde hair! He is so cute!

bryce and paige said...

AH! WHITNEY, I'm so HAPPY for you, YOU DID IT! Wow, he is completely adorable! I really cannot wait to meet him, congrats, congrats, what a happy wonderful time! We love you!

Bendrea said...

SOOOOOOO cute whit!! He is adorable!! Congrats....I'm so excited for you guys

kat said...

Oh he's so tiny and cute! Congratulations. I'm so impressed that you already have a blog post and pictures up just a couple days after. Thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

Baby Drake is so handsome! And you're right...watching your husband suddenly become a father is incredible.

I hope you are recovering well and adjusting to your new life as a mommy.

Lyndsi said...

He is precious!! We are so happy for you!

Karl & Leslie said...

Being a mom is an amazing feeling that you can't discribe to anyone that is not one. It's so rewarding. and you love those little babies so much. You will love every minute of it even when it's hard. congragts whitney. He is adorable!

Jade Irvine said...

congrats! It's so fun to be a mom! =D

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

All your pictures are so cute!! He is so adorable I can't wait to see him again. As soon as Ry gets over his little cold we'll be right over. Congrats again... We love you guys!

Tammy K said...

Oh my goodness, he is adorable!!!

Nice work 'Momma' :)

Emily Blais said...

Oh he is just a doll. I am so excited to see pictures of him! Keep posting them for us! He is precious whitney. Congratulations again. Cant wait to meet him!

Riggs Rascals said...

What a sweetheart! Congratulations Whitney! I can't believe how big he is. I hope you recover well and are able to get lots of rest!

brit said...

congratulations! i am so happy for you guys. drake is a lucky little guy to be a part of your family. (again, GREAT name choice;-)

Joe and Julianne said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. Take lots of naps when you can :)

McDuffie Family said...

Oh he's so cute! Congrats Whitney and Chris! I love the name Drake! It makes me excited to hold my bundle of fun! You fit the part girl!

Staci said...

Congrats! Love the name. He is a handsome little fella.

Ina said...

Congratulations from Brinton's grandparents on the birth of your precious little son. He is adorable! Love his name! The blond hair is fun. Nixon's was so dark.

Frei Family said...

He is Beautiful!! Congratulations!! I am glad you both are doing so well!!

Rhonda said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. He is gorgeous - of course! Enjoy!

Melanie and Curtis said...

Oh my goodness, he is so sweet. I can't wait to meet him. He looks a lot like Chris. Way to go you two. Congratulations. There is nothing better..those newborn babies are such miracles.

Jared & Shannon said...

Hi Whitney,
I hope you don't mind I comment on your blog. I don't know if you will remember me but we had a class together at Dixie from that really old guy that wore tennis shoes with his suit. ha ha! I found your blog through Pam's and I was so excited to see that you had a baby! Congrats and he is such a cutie! I am pregnant and due the end of April and I'm having a boy too. Yah for little boys!

Jana said...

Yah, we are so happy for you guys! I was just telling Brad that I thought you would be having that baby soon, but I hadn't checked my computer since before we went out of town for the weekend. How fun! I didn't expect him to be that big though, but when they are big, they seem a lot less breakable. Congrats!

erica said...

hey whitney...its erica. just wanted to say congrats to your new little family. he sure is cute!

Jen said...

He is so perfect! Congratulations!

Jessica Wille said...

Congratulations!!! He is so beautiful, and I love the name. I'm glad you are all doing well!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS I am so excited for you guys. He is so cute.

Natalie said...

Congrats Whit!! He is adorable!!!

Bri said...

Congrats!!! He is so cute.

{Annie N.} said...

Oh my gosh Whit! I haven't checked blogs for a couple of weeks and look what I missed! He is adorable, love his hair! I'll give you a couple of weeks to recover then I need to come hold that sweet baby. Congrats!