Thursday, February 19, 2009

Life is good!

Well, I'm happy to report that the Mac is back up and running and it only cost $130 to fix and we were able to restore everything!! Phew! (thank you, external hard drive!) I would have been devastated had I lost all of my sweet boy's pictures.  

This last week with the baby has gone by so fast!  Last Wednesday I took him for his two week check-up and circumcision.  He weighed in at 8 lbs 13 oz. and was 21.5 in long.  We definitely are not losing weight around our house!  Everything else checked out perfectly and the circumcision was not half as bad as I anticipated.  We did have a bit of drama Wednesday night with Drake's little boy parts, though.  After the doctor was finished, he put a piece of gauze around "it" and said to leave it on for awhile.  Well, I wasn't about to take it off too soon, so I left it on until that night, just in case.  Unfortunately, my too soon, was way too long and the gauze ended up sticking to "it" and would not come off.   It was horrible! Luckily I was at my mom's house and she was brave enough to soak it off while I bawled and held the baby down.  It was quite traumatic.  Seeing my little one in pain was one of the worst things I have ever experienced.  I am so not looking forward to scrapes, broken bones, big cuts and all of the other injuries that come with having a little boy!  Thank goodness they heal quick! Drake is all better now and is as happy as can be!   

These pictures are a bit out of order, but they were all taken within the last two weeks.  I have so many pictures already, and have no idea what to do with them.  I need some advice! Do I scrapbook them, stick them in albums, make dvds, etc??? I need help!!

The first walk to the Fatty's in the stroller!

Watching "shows." He loves the lights on the TV and is pretty content to sit in his boppy and watch shows with us in the evenings!

Oh, I just love him!


Ya gotta love the cross-eyed moments!

Lookin' like a little old man, getting ready to go to Dylan's big birthday bash!

Grandpa Weaver loves his baby! 



Grammy and her little one.

Still a little one eye!


12 comments:

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

He is so cute! What are you doing tomorrow... I was going to call you today but I got busy cleaning :( Not fun... but it had to be done. I starting making DVD's... I would have liked to scrapbook but I know I wouldn't have been able to keep up. Whatever you do will be totally cute so you're good!

Melanie and Curtis said...

What a sweetheart. I too think he is soooo cute. Way to go guys. It's so fun having a newborn and it sounds like your soaking it all in!

Emily Blais said...

I love his little jeans and shoes. Casey wont let me put jeans on Adam yet because they are "uncomfortable." We are in a fight about it :) And yes, we too have the cross eyed moments here at our house. Love when he does it for the camera. I am having the same dilemma with my pictures. I HATE scrapbooking! Its way too expensive, and I refuse to get back into it. I think I am going to make DVD's. Its SO easy on your mac. Maybe we should do it together. I think I am going to come down for a week in March...maybe. I MUST meet Drake. He is way too cute for me to not know him!!!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It was so fun going to dinner with you guys the other night! We need to do it more often!

Little Drake is sooooo cute! I love how big he is. He is such a good baby too! I'm so happy for you guys!

P.S. I'm so jealous your HD could get fixed here locally. And.. only $130. LUCKY!

Sandy said...

He is such a cutie! It's so sad to see them cry huh! I'm not a scrapbooker but I make collages with Picasa (just go to picasa.com and download it) and I know you can print your blog on some sites. I also made a book of a bunch of pictures on inkubook.com and it wasnt too hard! Good luck!

Jess said...

Whitney, I've been meaning to leave you a comment about the scrapbooking stuff. I try to scrapbook most of my kid's life, but if I'm way behind I just post the pictures and see if I have time to catch up. Otherwise I am printing my blog into a book, and they will be somewhat documented anyway. For me digital scrapbooking is super fast (about 5 min. per page) and cheap. There are so many free scrapbooking kits on line. And out of over 600 pages I've done, I have only bought one kit(a few weeks ago) I ultimately print a book per year of their lives through blurb, even with the hard cover image wrap books, it's only 60 dollars for 190 pages. So it's way cheaper than paper scrapbooking. On top of the scrapbooking I do try to print out my favorite photos and stick them into an album So whatever you decide will be good. Let me know if you have anymore questions...

PS Your pictures of Drake are GORGEOUS!

Shanel said...

Whit, Drake is so cute....I love it. I didn't take the time to read all the other comments but this is what I do. I started making "Blurb" books for Lucy and I love it. Go to Blurb.com and it is so easy and quick. I think Mac has some really cool book softwear too.

snow family said...

Such cute pictures. We used to sit and laugh all night at all the little faces and cross eyed moments! Lots of people say that digital scrapbooking is sooo easy. I'm checking it out.

Colburns said...

He is just perfect! The pictures you have taken are quite good, I was thinking since your a mom now the next step is to photog! jk I love that picture of him and your mom though.

Stacie and Jared said...

Jared and I can't wait to come see our little nephew this weekend! I'm sorry you had problems with "it" good thing mom is amazing and can help out! He's such a sweet little baby, and you guys are great parents! Love you

Carlos said...

What a hunk!!! I know what you mean about having way too many pictures! I ended up printing mine wallet size so I could fit a ton on a page. Hope you figure something else. Glad all is well with the little guy.

{Annie N.} said...

He is adorable! I need to come see him. I don't want to scare him with my kids and all their noise, I'll try to sneak away next week. I'll call you.