Alright blogger moms, I need some help. As you can see, my son has a serious problem. I apologize for the graphic nature of these photos, but this is what I deal with every single time my son poops. And, believe it or not, this is a mild case. It usually explodes from his legs and his back. I realize that blow-outs are to be expected, but come on... every dang time, really?? What am I doing wrong? Is it the diaper? Is it something I'm eating? Or... am I just cursed with regular blow-outs? Have any of you experienced this problem with your kiddies? If so, and if you've found a solution, please, please let me know. I am going to go broke buying Oxy Clean!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
What size of diapers is he in? Is it possible he needs a bigger size?
Don't know what else to tell you. Blow outs were a regular occurance here too....SHOUT Spray does wonderes as well!
I would say try a bigger diaper size. And always have an extra couple on hand- especially at church!!! Sorry I don't have any other suggestions. Liv did this all the time as well.
(Sorry the last comment I was logged in under my hubby's account.)
I was going to say the same thing. Bigger diapers. Also, are you using huggies or pampers? That has made a difference with us too. As soon as you start giving him more formula and rice cereal, that all stops. Its MUCH more manageable. You are almost to that point, so your blow out days are numbered. lets hope :)
Skylar did the same thing and I thought I would never get past it. Bigger diapers helps but doesn't totally stop it! The solid food starts to thicken things up a bit and stops the continuous leakage! Wish I could help! I use lots of Spray 'n' Wash! Good luck!
I have him in a size two diaper. Should I still try a three?? They seem so huge!
I'd buy a small pack of size 3s and see if they help. I always moved my kids to a bigger size when they started having blowouts and it always helped.
Also, I would try Huggies (if that's what you aren't using). I tried to switched diapers once and blowouts were a regular occurance. I love huggies!
When that would happen I would try buying a bigger size of diapers or change brands and that always worked for me. They change and grow so fast that you have to switch things up a lot! And this probably sounds backwards, but my kids actually do better in the cheaper diapers (luvs) then in the huggies or pampers. Good luck!!
I believe it's mainly because you are nursing. His poops will change when you start adding solids and if you change to formula. So, for now I would also try 3's and see if that helps. Nathan had tons of blowouts! I just dealt until we added in solids. Sorry! I wish there was an answer.
BIGGER DIAPERS! that always seems to solve it, for me anyways! good luck! ICK! welcome to motherhood, my dear friend. (I also agree that when they are tiny, huggies are the only way to go.)
I've soooo been there! Lincoln would have a blow-out EVERYTIME for months, but it got better once he starts eating solids. May as well buy some stock in OxyClean in the meantime.
PS Once i got Lincoln out of his car seat only to find him covered in poop from his armpits to his knees. I went into a store to change him and realized I only had TWO wipes with me. It was horrible! So in addition to trying larger diapers, maybe make sure you have a sufficient supply of wipes with you wherever you go :)
I love Pampers, but they don't have the damn on the back of them like Huggies and a few other brands. I finally just stuck with Huggies and it helped. I don't think you are doing anything wrong...just the age!
oh man...every time we would leave the house ivy would have a blowout. so frustrating. she must feel more comfortable in the mall. ha. good luck!€
I would definately try a bigger sized diaper. Gage is 4 months old, 21 lbs and he is in size 4's right now. Also try different brands till you find the best one for him. I was using huggies, then pampers then I switched to the costco kirkland brand and they work wonders, love them. you have to buy a big box, but you get over 200 diapers for 38.95 so not too bad. good luck and solids will help too, well baby food and cereal. Gage is on formula now so his poop isn't as bad but it was like that when I was nursing.
Any time Kiara would blow out, I would give her lactose-free formula and that did the trick. Also, I love Costco diapers!
So normal it's sick! I remember the first time it happened to me with SAM!!! I had got him out of bed....and bam. All over him, me, the bed. Sick! It was soo bad! My personal way of dealing with it...is throwing it all out! I hate dealing with poop. And sheets and onsies just aren't as expensive as the time it takes to get it out! I'm just sayin!!! ;) Good luck! Just the first of many really fun and smelly experiences that await you!!!! ;)
all i can say is disposable diapers suck! Cloth diapers NEVER have done that in all my experiences in mommyhood. Everytime we have to use a disposable, we have the same problem
Hahaha. I feel for you! I pretty much had the same problem, but it gets better when they start eating solids and then it's not as runny!
All i can say is spray n' wash. I never had a stain if I used it. Good luck!
Post a Comment