We had quite the eventful weekend. Bird and Jared came to play for a few days, Nick popped in for Sunday, and Wess called, making the family seem complete again, even if it was only for an hour!
On Saturday, we took advantage of Bird's visit and threw here a little bridle shower. I'm not much of a party planner, but I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself! I had lots of help, of course and could not have done it without Te-Te! She was a crepe making machine and I am so grateful that she was able to be here to party with us! Bird was super spoiled by all those that came and was so excited to get home last night to put away all of her new treasures!
After the shower, we packed up the crew and headed up to the pool. Melissa was nice enough to let us all tag along and we ended up having a great time. The little one still loves that water! Yay!! This was his first time swimming with daddy and it was a great success! Chris and my little one loved it!
Sunday, was by far the most eventful day of the weekend! My first Mother's Day, a call from the little brother, and my pops being called to be the bishop of a college ward, made for a Mother's Day to be remembered! Yep, that's right... Brian is a Bishop, and will be a great one! We were all kind of shocked when we found out, only because we've been teasing him about it for years now and it was too funny that it finally happened! We all attended the Sacrament Meeting where he was sustained. It was a wonderful meeting and there is no doubt in my mind that he is the perfect man for the job! The ward is blessed to have him as their bishop and I am even more blessed to have him as my father!
And last, but certainly not least is the fact that I am one incredibly lucky girl! I am so blessed to have the most amazing mother, grandmother, aunt and mother-in-law in the world! This year, as a new mother, I have a new appreciation and love for the wonderful ladies in my life. The love you have for your children is unlike any I have experienced before and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to now share that with all of my lovely ladies.
I am so thankful for my son and for the blessing it is to be a mother! He has changed my life in more ways than I ever could have imagined and I love him more than I ever thought possible!





6 comments:
He is so dang cute...I love that last pic of him!
Wow Whit that little boy is to die for! and YES bigger is always better!
What sweet comments about the mothers in your life..and your little Drake is a heartbreaker. He's so fun to look at!
Cute last pic... love the smile and those eyes!
Yeah last weekend was so much fun, Jare Bear and I were really sad to leave! I'm excited to see you all again this weekend though! Poots, I was lookin at that picture of you and I that we took right before we left to come home, and I decided that we were blessed with some great hair! We both have some very lovely locks, yay for good genes! :)
And thank you again so much for putting the shower together for me, it was a ton of fun and I really appreciate it!!
Post a Comment