Thursday, February 4, 2010

Drake the destroyer!



So, I obviously didn't listen to Emily two weeks ago and haven't bought the gummy crib rails yet. Why I haven't, I don't know. I'm lazy I guess and now I have some pretty fabulous teeth marks on my lovely crib. NICE!!! I really am so dumb to have let this happen! I KNEW it would and I still did nothing to prevent it. However, I'm getting my act together asap and the crib chew toy will be no more! Luckily for me, the marks aren't THAT bad. If you didn't know to look for them, you probably wouldn't notice. I'm just SUPER obsessive about stuff like that so I'm going to have to figure out how to disguise them!
In other destroyer news, Mr. Big has also discovered how to rip very large holes in his already thread bare blankies. Keep in mind, these blankies have been around for 20+ years and washed probably close to a thousand times so there wasn't much to start with! I ended up cutting the original blankie up and doubling it to make two smaller, stronger blankies but it obviously hasn't helped! And... the worst part about it is that Drake is SUPER attached to his "little blankies" now. He HAS to have them to fall asleep. Oops!! I'm not quite sure what to do about this dilemma. At the rate he's going with the holes, there won't be any blankie left to sleep with before too long!

3 comments:

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

oh no! i don't have any good advice either... have you seen my crib? it has to have a blanket on it at all times!

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

We need to get Drake and Mack together because he love to pull apart his toys and when he wants attention he gets something he is not suppot to have and looks at me like why arn't you paying attention to me, you are my mom he he!

Colburns said...

uh oh you should have seen that coming weren't you two talking about that when you were down here? Not that I blame you I would have forgotten too. Well he's allowed to do some naughty things brexton can teach him some new tricks too!