I've decided that I REALLY need to be better about just jotting down a few memories about everything that we do because life is flying by and this is the only type of journal I have. I'm pretty good about taking pictures of the babe, but I need to be better about writing down the things that he does from day to day and I can't forget about Chris and I! I think I MIGHT have three pictures of us since the babe was born! Pretty sad!
Anyway... it was great to have daddy home for a few days this last weekend. We didn't do anything super exciting but we were able to spend our first night up in Brian Head in the Weaver's fabulous new cabin and were even able to hang our with G & G Weaver for a bit before they had to head home. It was really fun to get out of the STG Parade traffic for the night and enjoy the change of scenery!
This little man has been a bit of a pill these last few weeks. He has gone from having three teeth to now sporting seven and has been miserable in the process! Poor thing! I do have to say, he really could have been worse, but I'll be glad when the teething is over! On Saturday morning he was being especially whiney so Chris plopped him in this box we had sitting on the counter and Drake LOVED it! He thought he was so cool! He would have sat in there all day, had we let him! It's so funny how the dumbest things really do entertain these little ones the longest!
We only got to spend an hour or so on Saturday night at the cabin with G & G, put it was still fun! Next time we'll be sure to get there earlier!
Sunday morning mullet! Obviously this baby needs a hair cut BAD! Macgyver is just not cuttin' it any more!
And last, but certainly not least... this precious face! Ha!! This is the classic, "get that thing out of my face," picture! Gotta love it!
Oh... can't forget these:
Drake has turned into such a daddy's boy! Up until now, he has been a complete momma's boy and I loved it but would sometimes feel bad for Chris. I know he didn't mind, but it's sad when the babe doesn't want you! Now, I am feeling bad for myself! Not really... but it is kind of sad when I go to get him out of his crib and he sees daddy and pushes my hand away so he can reach for his dad! I tell Chris it's because I have to be the mean parent, telling Drake "NO" to this and that, changing the diapers, dressing, etc and he gets to be the fun parent! I'm sure this really isn't the case, but it makes me feel better!
Two nights ago I woke up to a Sea Lion barking in my son's room! It took me a minute to realize what was going on but once I woke up completely, I knew. The Croup had come to our house! Yuk! I had a feeling that night before I put him to bed that he was coming down with something because he was sounding a little junky, but I didn't think it would turn to croup so quickly. It's seriously the saddest thing I have ever heard! Luckily, it doesn't seem to be a horrible case and last night was actually much better, so hopefully it's gone in a few days. I really am so lucky though. Even being sick, my little one is still pretty pleasant. He's actually WAY more snuggly which is fun for Chris and I because good snuggles from the babe are hard to come by these days!
Oh, I've saved the best for last with this one! Mom of the Year here really out did herself yesterday morning! Not only is my child sick and barking like a Sea Lion, but he now has a sweet rug burn and bruise on his forehead from diving off the bed! Yep, that's right! I left my little son on the bed for less than three seconds while I grabbed a clean diaper and came back to find him screaming on the floor next to my bed. Seriously, could I be any dumber!! I felt SOOO bad then and still feel terrible every time I look at the damage done to his sweet little forehead! Mom of the Year, I tell ya, Mom of the Year!! Nice!
Well, that pretty much sums up the last few days. On to the next!





5 comments:
Whit your lil guy is so so cute! Hey where can I get one of those crib protector things, where it makes it so they can't bite the crib? Are they at Target or do I have to order it from Toys R US?
I have loved your posts. Maybe because I relate so well right now! Have you seen Tommy's nose? He took a nose dive on the sidewalk. What a cute boy you have!
Don't beat yourself up over it Whit. I use to put Nixin on my bed while I showered and she would just sit there and scream...until one day she decided to try and commit suicide and dove head first off mid scream! I was mad but she wasn't hurt so all is good.
Oh I hope he gets feeling better! That is no fun!
Drake's one year party looks so cute! Don't feel so bad about him falling off the bed. I have done so much worse!
Post a Comment