This last week was mostly spent at home or at my mom's with my sick little boy. He was pretty miserable all week with what I thought was just his nasty cough. Unfortunately, the cough was not alone in tormneting my sweet boy. Come to find out, after a whole week of misery and a weekend of pure "you know what," we learned that my little man has a TERRIBLE ear infection. Once again... Mom of the Year here! I should have taken him as soon as he started acting super fussy but I thought it was just his cough. I feel so bad! I've decided that ear infections are the devil. The only good thing about them is that they clear up so quickly. Thank heavens! Drake has been on his meds since last night and is already acting SO much better. I am so grateful! We have had a few really rough nights so hopefully tonight is better!
The only outing we made it to last week was a little park play date with the Fackrells. Drake was of course, not cooperating with the camera but Dylan was as cute as ever! Love those shades and love these kids!
This last week, I also noticed that Drake likes to "put things away." He puts all kinds of things in drawers, the bath tub, the toilet (yuk!), in his cars that have cabs, and in any cup or bowl that may happen to be laying around. It's pretty funny to open a drawer and find a binky, a plastic cup, a plastic fork, a toy and whatever else he decided to leave for me! He has also learned how to spit his juice out all over himself and who ever else may be holding him when he does it. It's more like a dribble, but he manages to make quite the mess with it. Funny baby!
I am really happy to report though that I have dealt much better with the "baby messes" than I thought I would. I am typically a super particular person about my house and keeping it just so and I thought having a little mess maker around would make me a tad bit crazy, but it actually hasn't at all! I find myself caring less and less about having the contents of my drawers strewn all over my kitchen or random toys scattered all over the house. I do make a point to always pick up in the evenings or before we leave the house but when it's just Mr Big and I at home all day, I let him do what he wants! He doesn't need a Nazi mom and honestly, I don't want to be one! So... if any of you that happen to read this end up in my house when it's a wreck, I'm sorry! Soon enough my babe will be a big boy and will have to learn to clean up after himself, but for now, I'm just going to let him be a baby and not worry about it AND... I'm going to enjoy it!!




4 comments:
Whitney! It's so funny! I read your post yesterday and today at school I heard a teacher talking about her grandson who'd had croup and then a bad ear infection. It reminded me of Drake and then I remembered that your maiden name is Musso. So I asked Mrs. Musso who her daughter is. She said Whitney. I said Weaver? She said yes. Funny...I've worked with Mrs. Musso for months, but I just met your mom today! Crazy huh? She's a neat lady! I'm glad I finally made the connection!
I swear our boys were maybe twins that went to two different moms :)
Just last week We did the Croup (steroid shot, breathing treatments, and all) AND ear infections.
It wasn't fun - it was sad BUT thank goodness for medicine because I have a very happy boy again!
Oh, Perry just finished his anitibiotics for his first ear infection..he has the WORST diaper rash from them. Sad!
Walking? Pah-Leeze!!! I don't even think there is ANY desire for that in his little mind....not that I mind - A walking baby is a whole new ball game!
And it wasn't a fun week. The boy would snuggle - he doesn't do that anymore - and was so SO sad over EVERYTHING. Totally lost his appetite and all else that goes along with a sick o boy.
I am coming again in april. I think a play date would be way fun - I can't help but thing the boys would hit it off quite well :)
Post a Comment