Holy Smokes! I can't even comprehend how fast this past year has flown by. Today, my sweet little son in ONE! There are really no words to describe how much joy this little child has brought to my life. Having his sweet spirit in our home has blessed our lives more than I ever could have imagined. I have learned so much about myself as I have experienced my first year of motherhood and have loved every moment of it. I would not change one thing about this first year of Drake's life. Well... if I could have slowed it down , I would have, but other than that, I have no regrets and no complaints! I love my son more than I ever dreamed possible and can't wait to see what this next year has in store for him!
Things to Remember About Drake at {ONE}:
(in addition to the 30 that I already mentioned this month!)
* He is the light of my life!
* He is a super speedy crawler.
* He has no desire to walk yet.
* He LOVES oranges, cheese, avocado and banana smoothies, pineapple and of course, crackers!
* He hates having socks on and pulls them off the first chance he gets.
* He is still so ticklish.
* He is getting braver with the doggie door. He now sticks his arms all the way out.
* He LOVES to play with the doggie door cover. It entertains him for a good long time.
* His very first word was book. He says gook, but it's close enough. We can tell him to go get a book and he does it!
* He calls me ah ma. Never just mom or momma, but ah ma!
* He bounces his legs up and down in his high chair when he is really liking what he is eating.
* He has learned to mimic how Chris and I pet the dogs and thinks he is so funny when he does it. He gives them good "pat pats!"
* He knows where we are going when we go to my mom's house. As soon as we drive around the corner by the golf course, he starts to arch in his car seat and whines to get out. When we turn on to her street, he starts to yell and make his little happy noises. It never fails!
* He gives kisses, waves, and gives high five.
* He grunts and growls when he sees a toy car or truck. When he first started doing this, I thought it was a fluke, but it's not! He does it all the time. How does he know to do that?
* He thinks standing up and then plopping back down in the bath tub is a great game.
* He is TERRIFIED of the bath tub in my bathroom. He screamed bloody murder both times I tried him in it. I'm not sure why.
* He DOES NOT like bubbles in his bath. He cries until you get him out.
* He will finally drink out of a sippy during the day but he still refuses to hold it by himself unless he is laying down.
* He is down to one bottle a day and that's about to end here soon too. He shouldn't have any problems with it though. He doesn't really even care about the bottle anymore.
* He is super content to just chase his toys around the house. He doesn't ever really want to be played with. If anything, he likes to have someone sit on the floor by him but not play with him.
* He has discovered the dishwasher and climbed up onto the door the other day.
* He loves the door stops.
* He has started to rip holes in both of his "little blankies." They are already thread bare from me sleeping with them for twenty years so this really could be a problem. And... he is SUPER attached to them now. I'm not sure what to do about this!
* He is the life of the party and always good entertainment! What did we ever do for fun before he was born!
Oh my goodness... I love this baby! What a lucky momma I am!
Happy, happy birthday baby son!!


11 comments:
Oh man I love this little guy! I was thinking about it today because I would have missed this whole entire year if I was on a mission right now. I would have been out a year exactly today. I'm so glad that Jare Bear came along so that Mr. Big know's his Aunt Bird and Uncle Bear!
Happy Bday Drake! We'll have to have you over for cake soon! Tell your mommy to call me!
Happy number 1!! He is honestly one of the cutest babies (now toddlers) there is in this universe.
you are a lucky mother.
Yay! happy birthday little drake! he really is sooo handsome.
tell me more about these banana & avocado smoothies! sounds yummy!
happy happy birthday!
Love the ONE picture - so grown up!
Happy Happy Birthday Drake! We are so sad we are going to miss your party, but we are sending representatives from the Adams/Blais families. Can't wait to see you soon!!
He is the sweetest little guy! Can't wait to wish him happy birthday myself!
Happy birthday Drake!! He is seriously so cute Whit!!
So cute! I miss all the cute little baby stuff my kids did, now that my youngest is 4. You are so cute, and such a great mom (and dad :) Happy Birthday baby boy!
Post a Comment