I have lots to catch up on but I figured I'd start with the most recent and attempt to move backwards, but I may not. Oh well!
[04.22.10 - 04.27.10]
Drake and I spent the last five days in Provo/Springville with Chris and the rest of the family. Bird graduated on Friday so Mom and Dad made the drive up and we celebrated multiple times over yummy food. Thursday night was spent at B & B's, eating pizza, bribing Biggie to walk and watching the NFL draft.
Friday, Mom, Dad, Bear and I all attended Bird's graduation. It was only her College's graduation, so it wasn't too horribly long, but I have to say, there were some really funky majors and some even funkier Doctorate Dissertation recaps. We call sat there wondering how in the world these people could handle studying that kind of stuff. But... they do and they love it! One thing's for sure though... NOT FOR ME! We are all so super proud of you Bird! I tried to get some decent pictures, but I had to run out early due to a poopy diaper incident. (of course!) oh... and a huge thanks to Heather Hutch for watching my little one! You are truly the best Heather! Thanks again!
Oh, and I want to remember this... Nick also graduated from the U this month! He decided not to walk so we won't be attending his graduation, but we are all so super proud of him too! And... I don't think any of us, except maybe mom, are sad to have to miss another graduation. Good thinking bud! Love you!
On Friday night, after all of the graduation festivities, we all headed over to meet Joe and Linda and the kids for dinner. We ended up visiting with them for a few hours and then headed back to B & B's to watch a movie. Biggie was a trooper and fell asleep with grammy on the couch while we all watched the incredibly long Avatar.
Saturday, was spent shopping around and just hanging out. We ate a delish dinner at the Art City Trolly, took Biggie to the park, made pazookies with B & B and watched another movie at out little place.
Sunday consisted of church with Jim and Lindy, a drive through our dream neighborhood in Mapleton, and a yummy dinner and fun visit with B & B.
Monday meant back to work for Chris, so Biggie and I accompanied Snipes to his new apartment, we played on the grass on the BYU campus and we made the drive to Salt Lake with Melissa and Elizabeth.
Yesterday, we cleaned the apartment and packed up to head home. Biggie and I drove home with Elizabeth, which was so nice. Drake is usually super good in the car but it's always nice to have another adult to chat with to make the time go by faster! Thanks again Elizabeth!
Well... There it is. The weekend recap. Phew! It was so fun to be with the fam for a few days! We love you all!
While we were waiting for Melissa to get down with her J-RU meeting, we played on the grass with Uncle Snipes. Drake LOVES to play with sunglasses and Snipes was amazed at how long he sat still and played with them! Snipes also informed me that this pictures were definitely "blog worthy," so here ya go Snipes! You were right though! They are definitely blog worthy!
Drake is a little obsessed with Uncle Snipes! It's adorable!
And last but certainly not least...
My baby is 15 months TODAY!
My once tiny babe is now a fully blown toddler!
It's pretty unreal. Just this morning, I came into my room and saw him sitting on my bed and was taken aback for a second by how grown up he looked! He really looked like a little boy instead of my little baby! Oh how I love my little son!
Things to remember about Drake at {fifteen} months...
* He is one opinionated little man. He thinks it's his way or the highway most of the time and does not take kindly to me setting him straight!
* He still LOVES to put things away. Just the other day at Snipes' apartment, he entertained himself for a good long while by taking pens out of a bag and putting them into the holder. Snipes was amazed that he knew where they were supposed to go! This afternoon, he played with the crayons and the crayon box for a long time. He would dump all the crayons out and then put them all away.
* He is super stable standing and has been for almost two months.
* He is still obsessed with his little blankies and binky. I think it's worse now than it ever has been. I'm not quite sure what to do about this. I know I should be taking them away by now, but i just can't bring myself to do it. Grammy did buy him a new blankie the other day and he loves it, so that's a good sign. The little blankies shrink more and more with each wash!
* He has a huge issue with me leaving his line of sight! He comes COMPLETELY unglued if I walk out of the room or even bend down to pick something up from behind the kitchen counter. He hasn't always been like this and it seems to be getting worse. It's really pretty frustrating but I honestly have no idea what to do about it.
* He has eleven teeth! Top, front four, top molars, bottom front four, and one bottom molar.
* He still loves his books and he loves to bring them to me to look at with him.
* He is still obsessed with fishy crackers but will usually only eat them if he can help himself to the bag. He will cart around a bag of fishy crackers as long as I will let him. He LOVES to stick his hand into any kind of bag to help himself. It's hilarious to watch him do it. And... if you try to take the bag away before he's good and down with it, it's game over! He freaks out!
* He has great skin tone! He hasn't really been in the sun all that often yet but he already has a great little tan. Linda was laughing at church at how much darker he is than I am! He's a lucky boy to have gotten his daddy's coloring!
* He has mastered the sippy cup, but only the ones with a straw! He still refuses to hold up the regular kind.
* He does this weird thing with his foot and his blankie now when he is falling asleep or really tired. He drapes his blankie over his foot and rocks his leg back and forth for awhile. It is the weirdest thing! He used to do it with his hand but has no moved to the foot. I really need to get it on video!
* He isn't a great talker yet, but he's getting there. He will not say things on demand usually, but he can say (when he wants to) book, cracker, snack, momma, dada, oh oh, cheese, fishy, and no no (always).
* Sometimes when we crawls he looks like a bulldog! When he's trying to get somewhere fast, he turns his little hands in and puts his head down, while sticking his jaw out and will cruise to where ever he is headed. It's so dang funny. I need to get that o video soon too!
* He is a pro at stairs now.
* He LOVES his Gma and Gpa Weaver's pool and wants to go out to put his feet in it all the time!
* He has started to mimic people's laughs. When someone does a big loud chuckle, Big follows right behind it with one of his own!
* He loves to have friends over to play and is much less high maintenance when other kids are around. I think he gets bored with just me.
* He tries to climb onto everything! He is constantly putting his little foot up on things to see if he can get up.
* He loves to be outside and LOVES his new swing set. He's still a little uncertain about the sand box, but I'm sure I'll have to drag him out of there soon enough!
* He isn't a great eater right now. He will eat a ton of the things he likes (oranges, pineapple, cheese, bananas, kiwi, crackers, etc.) but he won't eat hardly anything else, unless his grammy gives it to him! He will eat anything from grammy! Little stinker!



5 comments:
Haha, I love how we've progressed from Stacie and Jared, to Bird and Bear, and finally "B & B" haha next it'll be "B Squared" and then just "Bees" or something like that, you are crazy with your nicknames!
so stinkin cute I can't hardly stand it!! I agree with Wess, those pictures are for sure blog worthy. Two of the cutest boys I've ever seen that's for sure :)
I know this is random, but your brother reminds me so much of my brother Mitch. From pictures it looks like their personalities are very similar. Also, I don't think Drake could be any cuter. Seriously. You always find the cutest clothes for him. I am struggling with Isaac trying to not dress him like a girl.
(Sorry about the deleted comment, Blake was signed in before I realized.)
WOW his hair! what a stud! He is grown so much! Did you learn alot form the class? I hope so! Let me know if you have questions!
Post a Comment