Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm a lucky momma!

[05.09.10]
This year, as we celebrated the second Mother's Day since my little son was born, I again felt completely overwhelmed with gratitude for the opportunity I have to be a mother and for all of the other amazing women in my life that have taught me by example.  This last year has by far been the fastest and most wonderful year of my life.  I have been blessed in more ways than I ever could have imagined and yet still experienced times that challenged everything I thought I knew.  Now... 15 months into motherhood, I can honestly say that I have all that I ever dreamed of and more.  Being a mother is the greatest gift I have ever been given and I am grateful every single day for the opportunity I have to raise such a precious little son.


[05.09.10]
This little man discovered the light switch and LOVES to stand on his chair to reach them!  I know it's an accident waiting to happen, but he has so much fun climbing up and down, I just can't tell him no.  








Chris' uncle Scott made this rocking horse for him when he was tiny.  Pam let me borrow it for pictures awhile back and I have obviously not given it back yet!  I love it!  Drake is still a little unsure about the rocking part, but he's slowly warming up to it!


[05.10.10]
And last, but certainly not least... this little dude got his hair cut!  Yep... all the curls are gone.  I know, I know, curls are darling on the little ones, but I couldn't handle it anymore.  I am too much of a control freak and I felt like my little son looked like a rag-a-muffin all the time with his hair so wild and crazy.  So, today was the day.  Snip, snip!  I tried to get a better picture but of course, he wouldn't even glance towards the camera.  He does look SUPER handsome though!  I love it!  He looks like a cool dude little boy!

3 comments:

Stacie and Jared said...

Nice work with the haircut, it looks great!

bryce and paige said...

He is so darling, oh my gosh! And you are so brave to cut his hair. I'm just battling with myself everyday, whether or not to cut Logan's. I'm in love with the shaggy curls! So it's such a dilemma. I love Drake's cut though. Maybe I can be strong and just do it, like you.

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

he looks so cute!!! can't wait to see more pictures!! ryan went through the same phase of not looking at the camera... it drove me crazy!