[05.27.10]
It's amazing how entertained Mr. Big can be by a bucket, some water, and a few plastic cups!
The weather was beautiful on Friday. Not too hot but plenty warm enough for a little water. Drake has been fascinated by buckets lately, so I figured we'd try it out with some water and cups. He was one happy guy! He would have played out there all day and cried hysterically when I made him go inside to eat lunch! It is so dang fun to watch him play these days. He is learning so many new things every day and it amazes me to see the things that he picks up on so quickly.
It's amazing how entertained Mr. Big can be by a bucket, some water, and a few plastic cups!
The weather was beautiful on Friday. Not too hot but plenty warm enough for a little water. Drake has been fascinated by buckets lately, so I figured we'd try it out with some water and cups. He was one happy guy! He would have played out there all day and cried hysterically when I made him go inside to eat lunch! It is so dang fun to watch him play these days. He is learning so many new things every day and it amazes me to see the things that he picks up on so quickly.
And... another month has come and gone! This little boy is now 16 months old!
A few things to remember about Drake at [16] months:
* He can now reach the ice and water dispensers on the refrigerator and loves to make big messes if I forget to lock the controls.
* He loves Pops' motorcycle and always wants to go in the garage to look at it.
* He has the cutest little tan line on his bum! For being my child, he really does have good skin! Another trait from his daddy... lucky boy!
* He loves to play in his sandbox and gets pretty mad when I won't open it for him.
* He has started to hold his own around other kids but along with that, he has started to make this awful screeching sound when he doesn't want someone to take something from him. It's bad news!
* He is in the process of learning "time out" and obviously doesn't love it.
* He LOVES baby Monie and always wants to give her loves and touch her.
* He completely understands most of what I tell him to do! It cracks me up everyday! He has recently learned that he has to leave his binki and little blankie in his bed all day and he loves to chuck his binki back in there if he has it in his mouth when I get him up. It usually ends up behind the crib, which he thinks is hilarious.
* He loves to give the boys loves and will follow them around the house laughing if they won't sit still long enough!
* He LOVES to help grammy and pops work in the yard and especially loves watering the plants.
* He know exactly where things are at our house, grammy's house and at g & g weaver's house. Yesterday, he was pretty mad that we wouldn't get his toys out of the closest for him and he kept yanking on the door handle, trying to get the door open. Bad news there! He is tall enough to reach the handles!
* He now pats his diaper every time I change him. I'm not sure why he does it, but it's cute!
* He is still obsessed with opening things with his mouth.
* He LOVES fruit snacks and is a pro at manipulating daddy into giving him as many as he wants.
* He has just recently started to climb onto the ottoman and stand up. He gets in trouble every time but just laughs at us! One of these days he's going to fall on his face.
* He really isn't very destructive, thank goodness! He definitely makes messes with his toys and his few drawers, but that's about it. I'm lucky there!
* He says "oof, oof" every time the boys bark or when he sees another dog.
* He is not a little parrot, like most kids his age. He refuses to say things if I ask him to but will say things all day long if I pretend to not pay attention. He's latest phrase is, "let's go," at least I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying. He has the "go" down great, but the "let's" is harder to understand. I say "let's go," all the time so I'm sure that's where he got it.
* He has started to dance, but only when you pretend not to watch.
* He LOVES to play with other kids and is usually a dream at other people's houses but as soon as I come to pick him up, he starts whining instantly. It's so weird. Amber always tells me what a good boy he is but the second he sees me, it's game over. I'm grateful he's so good for other people, I just wish he didn't want to always whine to me!
* He is still a sturdy little man. Definitely built like his daddy! I think he still weighs around 25 pounds. Life is much better for me now that he is walking! No more lugging him every where!
* He loves balls and cars, and trucks and pretty much everything boy!
Love, love, love this little guy
Happy [16] months baby boy!

4 comments:
Your world and little boy are about to hit double time! That was about the age that Nathan just seemed to start changing SO much EVERY single day! And, since Jeff was born he seems even bigger and older!
What a little stud!
he's so cute!
I just spent the last 2 hours outside with Tanner doing exactly this! John and I read while he splashed and splashed!
Thanks for the PERFECT idea :)
I love all your cute memories about him...and those pictures are sooo cute! I was going to ask what kind of camera you have because your pictures are always so good!
Post a Comment