Okay... so I've officially decided that trying to get pregnant is a joke! This morning as I hurried back to bed to take my temperature before it changed from my basal body temp. (or whatever they call it) I realized that being a girl and trying to get pregnant is not all it's cracked up to be! I know I should be thrilled at the possibility of being pregnant, and I really am, I just find all of the theories and "sure bet ways to tell if you're ovulating," quite silly! Honestly, who has to run back to bed in the morning to take their temperature!?! The first time Chris saw me do it, he laughed his butt off! Neither of us had any idea that trying to get pregnant can be a complicated matter! I guess I've always thought that you just stop taking the ol' BC and ya end up pregnant! Who knew you had to figure out when you ovulate, not eat certain foods, take vitamins, drink lots of water, make sure your man doesn't eat certain foods, takes his vitamins, etc. Oh well though, it will be worth all the shenanigans in the end and I think we've finally figured out all the tricks, so hopefully a Weaver baby is on the way soon!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Who knew...
Posted by Whitney and Chris at 1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I can't wait for that cute Weaver baby to come!!! It's so nerve racking waiting every month to see if you are pregnant!! Good Luck!! I'll call you tonight when I get all 5 of my kids to bed:( I can't wait for Sunday!!!
Whit - I am with you on this. It took Scott and I almost a year to get pregnant. I didn't stick with taking my temp and all that I just did ovulation tests pretty much 20 out of 30 days my 1st month and 15 days out 30 days my second month to make sure I didn't miss my ovulation window. Then once I figured when I ovulated each month I would only take about 3 tests. I ended up having to get my tubes flushed and take a antibiotic and then we got prego - FINALLY! It seriously is worth it, but believe me I had MANY months of crying and stress and worries. Good luck to you guys and for sure feel free to call and talk if you want.
Also, Scott said you guys wanted to come over and do a sticker or something. I told him tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday night is fine. We can even BBQ here this time while we do stickers. Why don't you just call me and we can plan it. 862-8092 (c) and 216-5343 (hm). Scott is moving stuff from the old store and wasn't near Chris or I would have just gotten your number and called you.
oh man its so hard!!! I feel for ya! Goodluck! I just got your email! I'm excited to keep in touch with you now!
until then...you are welcome to any of my 3 anytime you need a fix! Ill gladly hand them over :)
Whitney!!
So first off you look beautiful in the picture of you and chris and second of all - I couldn't agree with you more on the whole "getting prego" fiasco - Let me know if you find any "get pregnant quick" tips :)
By the way this is Tammy Twiggs Knudsen!
Love the two babies you do have!!
AMEN BABY!
Hey Whitney! I found your blog off of Tyler and Kristen's. I love the picture of you and Chris! It's so cute. And I love your yard. We just built a new house and so we don't have a yard yet... I can't wait to get one!
Anyway, I'd love to keep in touch! My blog is private, but send me an email at kristenlotz@hotmail.com with your email address and I'll add you!
Good luck getting pregnant, too. My sister had a rough time, but now she's pregnant with twins!
Talk to you later!
Kristen (Cox) Lotz
It seems at the 6 month mark when we said we would "stop thinking about it" (yeah-freakin right) that is when it happened.
Whitney! I just talked to your mom last night and asked how you have been doing! I'm glad to hear things are going well. As far as getting pregnant...good luck! Send me your email and I will invite you to my blog. hollybeary3@hotmail.com
Hey Whitney! I saw your blog thru Paige's. This is totally going to be TMI since I haven't seen you in like 7 years, but I just wanted to let you know that we went thru the same thing trying to get pregnant and it TOTALLY sucks! We tried for 10 months and I finally got pregnant by tracking my temp. It's a pain and it seriously gets old fast. After having it on my mind every second of every day I finally decided that I just needed to relax and it would happen when it's right. I seriously got pregnant the next month! So I wish you the best!
Crystal (Fawson)
My blog is private too, so if you want to see it, drop me an email at crystalee33@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite.
Whitney, just found your blog through Kristen's. I agree with everyone else: Love the yard, love the dogs! Would love to stay in touch.
tlseegmiller.blogspot.com
Post a Comment