Friday, May 16, 2008

The first Tag!!

20 years ago...
1. I was 5 years old.
2. We lived in Cleveland, Ohio and my favorite place to be was my grandmas!
3. My hair was sooo long and thick! My mom would try to put it in the ol' side pony, which looked ridiculous! I wore matching socks with each school outfit and had hot pink Keds!

10 years ago ....
1. Lacey R. and I were inseparable! We used to make up dances to Janet Jackson songs and practice them in her living room! We also taught Scott, Jared Madsen, and Corey Ferguson how to "Panthera walk" and how to do axles! Scott had a "secret" crush on Jessica Debenham and referred to her as Luva Duva!!
2. I went back to Ohio is stay with my grandparents for the summer to earn money to pay for Pantheras. Lacey and I used to fax each other notes back and forth!
3. I met my cute husband at Jared Shakespeare's Pizza Factory birthday party.

5 years ago....
1. I was still miserable and writing to my missionary who was almost home!
2. I worked for City 1st Mortgage.
3. I had BRACES! Yep... I somehow managed to wait to do the braces thing until I was 19! It was crappy!

3 years ago....
1. Chris and I were loving life as newly weds!
2. Chris surprised me with my little Tobie! (He's not so little anymore though!)
3. Round four of the Tumor Chronicles was soon to begin. Surgery number four was in July and Chemo started in October!

1 year ago....
1. I was working from home and babysitting the most adorable baby on the planet... Emery Sage!
2. Was loving the summer break from school!
3. Ran the Hurricane Half Marathon with Amber and Char.

So far this year I have...
1. Survived two of Kevin Barret's classes at the college. Ask anyone that knows... it was a miracle that I made it out alive!!
2. Learned to put new bubblers in my yard and have re-planted and added lots of new flowering bushes to my yard. The old ones were sick!!
3. Made lots of new friends at my new job at Far West Bank.

Yesterday I...
1. Worked all day.
2. Went to a new restaurant in town and wasn't impressed!
3. Made my dogs "power walk" with me around my neighborhood because we all need the exercise! (I can only do it at night because I look like a fool!)

Today I...
1. Have been working all day.
2. Kissed my husband good-bye for the weekend. He's off to the Jazz game!
3. Will hopefully cut the grass, fertilize my plants, do some laundry, mop my floors, and play with my boys! I have to get lots done while Chris is away. When he's home, I don't get very much done! He's way too distracting!!

Tomorrow I will...
1. Touch up some paint, clean my carpets, and scrub my shower.
2. Sit in the sun and read my new book, "Vanishing Acts," by Jodi Picoult. I love her!
3. Brave the horribleness of Wal-Mart. I despise Wal-Mart but it's the cheapest place for so many things!

In the next year I may....
1. Finally get in shape.
2. Hopefully incubate a little Weaver!
3. Hopefully graduate from school! The ten year plan is the pits!

I tag... Kat, Lacey, and Amy.

13 comments:

Abby said...

fun to read! Half marathon?? wow!! way to go!

Tammy K said...

I too share your hate of walmart - it's the WORST - but like you said, can't beat the prices! I liked your tag - very fun!

Derek and Ceri Steele said...

Hey this is Ceri (Almquist) Steele. I found your blog today after through a chain of blogs. How are you doing these days? Where are you living? How is your family? Have a good week.

Sandy said...

Hey how are you guys! I saw your name on Pam's blog so I hope you dont mind me "stalking" yours. :) I love to stay in touch with old friends this way! Talk to you soon!
Love,
Sandy

thedekkers.blogspot.com

Blake Bench said...

I didn't know you worked at Far West. I saw you go in the other day when I was in the drive up and just thought you were there on business. Your blog is very cute by the way. I liked your tag post. Happy Monday!

Tammy K said...

Hey - I saw your comment on Pams blog...I'm totally down for a BBQ. You out of town this weekend?

Jessica Wille said...

That was a lot of fun to read! "luva duva" huh? You are one busy girl!

kat said...

I have a hard time believing you need to get in shape. It was fun to read your tag. I will try to do the tag, but Mark doesn't really like them, and we agreed if we did a blog, we would do it together. So we'll see.

Colburns said...

next year if your done being a human incubator we will run the may 5th hurricane half. I want to do the st george 1/2 but I think that will be a little ruff!

{Annie N.} said...

Whit! So good to hear from you. Glad you have a blog so I can check up on you. I was just wondering about you. I haven't seen you forever. Lets go to lunch next week for real. When are you available?

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

Whit,
Your blog is so cute!!! I love the change. I want to change mine like every other day... call me this weekend... we could go to the pool again??

Ash and Lace said...

hey girl love the blog! I'm so glad you finally got one I all the sudden feel somewhat connected again! Thanks for the tag I'll get on that ASAP... I'll be in St.George this weekend can I please see your beautiful face? Its been forever! Love Ya Lace

kat said...

You don't need to pay me for the dvd. It's all done, I just need your address. You can email it to me at katherinerane@gmail.com