Friday, July 31, 2009

Six Months!

Holy Cow! A half of a year has gone by already! It's just not right! My baby is going to be a kid before I know it! This last month seemed to go by faster then the five before it. I can't believe it! According to the Doctor's charts, my little chunky monkey has thinned out a bit and is still on the tall side. He went from being right at average for weight at four months to being in the 19th percentile at six months. I know it's really not a significant change, but I had to laugh because everyone that sees him tells me how big he looks and that he looks at least nine or ten months old! He just has chubby little cheeks and two little Dunlop tires on his knees!

Things to remember about Drake at {SIX} months:

* He is still so busy. His arms and legs are ALWAYS moving and he now looks around constantly. It's impossible to get him to look at you for longer then an instant. There is just too many other things to see!

* He has started to cry out in the night. He has always been such a great sleeper and still is for the most part but he has started to cry out every morning around four. He's never awake, he just cries for a second. As soon as I give him his bink, he's silent again. It's very weird.

* He is almost sitting up by himself. He can hold himself up with his hands, but he can't sit very long without them.

* He still hates to be on his tummy. He may never crawl!

* He loves every food I have given him. Peas, Beans, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Squash, Bananas, and of course the beloved rice cereal.

* He doesn't love the sippy cup yet. It's a work in progress.

* His 3-6 month clothes are getting a bit too short.

* His feet have just barely started to grow. I swear they stayed the same size forever! He is just barely able to wear the flip flops I bought him at the beginning of the summer.

* He would much rather play with my keys, plastic bags, sun flower seed bags, or spoons that any of his baby toys.

* He still loves his "brothers!"

* He refuses to hold his bottle all by himself. He's too lazy! He would much rather wave his arms around than hold the bottle.

* He LOVES his Baby Einstein video. It's so nice to have something that will entertain him for a bit.

* He is not too happy anymore to sit by himself and play with his toys. His attention span is getting shorter and shorter and he thinks that means that mom needs to hold him all the time! I LOVE holding him, but it makes keeping up on my chores, a bit challenging.

* Oh... he is such a momma's boy! He's really not okay to be held by anyone else for longer than a few minutes if he knows that I am near.

* He still smiles with the funny cheesy grin. He looks like Tommy Pickles from the Rugrats show.

* He loves other kids. He smiles and giggles at them, wherever we are.

* He doesn't sleep in the car very much anymore. As soon as I turn the car off, he is wide awake and ready to go!

* He still refuses to snuggle, even if he is dead tired. I can't even remember the last time he fell asleep while I was holding him. It's kind of sad. It's great to be able to put him to bed wide awake, but sometimes it's a pain. We can't be out much past bedtime, or else!

* He still thinks that his fingers and toes are super tasty!

* He has figured out how to chew on the very bottom of his binky. It seems like it would hurt, but he does it all the time.

* He requires a ton of sleep. He is the happiest when he gets at least three, sometimes four naps a day. He can manage on two if they are super long. He must have inherited my need for sleep.

* He is so super fun at this age! We have the best time watching him explore his surroundings. His little cheesy grin and sparkly blues make our world a pretty great place!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love his little picture with the band-aid legs...I'm totally stealing that idea when the time comes. :)

Stacie and Jared said...

Oh man I love that little dude!

Unknown said...

Whitney, your little guy is so darling! I hope everything is going great for you!