Monday, September 28, 2009

Eight Months!



Eight months... really?? It just can't be! My little tiny baby is just not so tiny anymore. He is closer to being a big boy now than he is to being a newborn. Even though I wish I could keep him "brand new" forever, we are loving this stage of the game and think he is super fun and cute as ever!

Things to remember about Drake at {EIGHT} months:

* Tubby time is still a favorite. Now that he can sit up, I always but him in sitting up at first, but as soon as he feels my hand against his back, he pushes against it until I let him lay down. He gets better splashes laying down, I guess!

* He has graduated from the bumbo to a high chair. He's not in love with the high chair just yet, but he sure loves to throw things off the side for the dog to devour. Every time I try to put the try on the high chair, he puts his little paws on it and pushes it away from him so I can't lock it into place! Honestly, how does he know to do that!?

* He is a champ at sitting up but still has no desire to crawl. He still would much rather sit or lay on his back, but he is getting a little bit better about being on his tummy and can scoot around a bit. He's definitely not going far, but it's better than it has been.

* He still has not a single tooth!

* He has really sensitive skin. Chris has to be careful about kissing him if his face is scruffy because it will leave a rash anywhere that he touches.

* He is still sleeping with five binkies in his bed. I no longer swaddle his entire body, but I do wrap his legs up tight in a blanket so they don't get cold. The blankie is still a constant fixture.

* He loves food of all kinds! He is a pro at putting things in his mouth and still cries like he's never eaten in his life when everything is gone.

* He now dominates the jumparoo. He gets that thing going like crazy!

* He would still rather play with anything other than his toys.

* He is not good in church. He is loud and wild the entire time.

* He is still a momma's boy.

* He is still on Prevacid

* He has fallen hard enough to bruise his poor little head three times already. He's fallen back from sitting twice and just tonight he fell back and pulled a toy on top of him, leaving two big bumps. Poor little guy!

* He loves to hear his voice and has become much more vocal. His noise of the week is blah, blah, blah.

* He still spits up ALL the time. Ahh!!

* He loves to ride in his car and in his stroller. When the dogs are walking with us, he will hold his hand out until he can grab a hold of the leash and then hangs on for dear life as long as he can. I've got to get a picture of it. It's hilarious!

* He still loves other kids and is content to sit and play on the floor for long periods of time if there is another little one around.

* He still loves his fingers and toes and just tonight I caught him actually sucking on his big toe!

* He has learned the art of dropping things out the side of his stroller, off the side of the high chair, out the side of his car seat and off the side of a lap, if he is being held. Sometimes I wish I could tie things to him so I wouldn't have to keep picking stuff up!

* He still has the "dunny knees."

Oh how we love our little eight month old!

1 comments:

Madsen Updates said...

8 months already?? I LOVE this stage though...it seems like they are just learning and discovering new things everyday! He is adorable...have I mentioned that to you yet?