Friday, September 4, 2009

The pics... lots of them!

I got a bit carried away taking pictures of the babe. I have over a thousand from this trip and most of them don't have anyone else in them except Drake! I'm not quite sure why I think I need so many pictures of the boy, but I just can't help myself!

Without the help of Benadryl, Drake only slept for about three of the six hours of the flight to Hawaii. Luckily, he was super good while awake. He watched his shows, played with grandma and grandpa, laid on the floor and played with wrappers and ate treats. It was a long six hours, but it surely could have been worse!

Our beach was the neatest little lagoon. The rock breaks kept most of the waves out so it was perfect for the babe. He loves the water!

This is how we nap in Hawaii.

Oh... the sand was glorious and ever so tasty! Drake loved it and didn't seem to mind the taste, at all! I probably shouldn't have let him eat it, but he was happy, so I laughed and took pictures instead!

Swimming with daddy was a favorite!

Doesn't look appetizing to me, but he loved it! Oh course! He would dip the licorice in the sad before every bit. It really was pretty gross but again, he was having a good ol' time so I certainly wasn't going to stop him!

The North Shore. The temple is closed right now for 18 months. The grounds were so beautiful but it would have been neat to do a session. Maybe someday. We also stopped at one of the roadside shrimp shacks for lunch. Pam and Nick weren't too impressed, but the rest of us loved it!

The beautiful grounds outside our condo. The pools were fabulous and were well used by all of us. There weren't very many other guests while we were there so it felt like we had the place to ourselves. I loved it!


On Friday we went on a little hike to Moana Falls. The waterfalls weren't super spectacular, but the hike was so cool. The vegetation was incredible! I have never seen such big leaves! There were some that were easily bigger than my whole body! Drake loved it too! He loves to be carried in the pack and had a blast laughing at Chris as he was trying to make his way down the trail without slipping. The sunglasses were by far my favorite part though! What a cool dude!

Drake had his first taste of pineapple and loved it! Grandpa let him gnaw on it until is was pretty much nothing and he was in heaven!

The last night in the sand.

Trying to get a Christmas card shot of the whole fam. It was a bit of a struggle.

The last sunset. We truly had such a fun week and can't wait to go back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOve that big cheeky grin on Drake in the "Christmas Card" collage. What a handsome little dude! What a fun vacation too. Way to be! I still stress out just driving up I-15 to grandma and grandpa's house with a two year old. You look gorgeous as always. What a fun time!

Anonymous said...

P.S. what kind of camera do you have?

Stacie and Jared said...

The sunglasses are by far the best part! Haha, they are awesome!

Natalie said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Drake is just a doll!

Melanie and Curtis said...

We're so glad that you had so much fun in Hawaii! My favorite part of your trip was all the pictures of your babe. Seriously, he is one of THE most cutest babies I have ever seen! You are all such a darling family!

{Annie N.} said...

I am SOOO jealous! Such fun pictures! I didn't see that pretty side of Hawaii! The little man is so dang cute!