Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Seven months!

Holy smokes!! Another month come and gone and each month as I sit down to create this post, I have to remind myself to be happy and enjoy each new thing instead of being sad because my baby is growing up too fast! If only I could press pause on life and press play again when I am ready to move on to a new stage! Anyway... this last month has been full of fun! My little Drake is becoming quite the character. He has learned lots of new things lately and is always entertaining to watch!


Things to remember about Drake at {SEVEN} months:

* He growls like a little animal. He's not big into cooing like most babies. He prefers to growl and grunt. It's hilarious, especially when he does it in his sleep.

* He is a champ with the bottle and can down 6-8 ounces in no time and he STILL cries when it's gone. The kid would eat all day if I let him.

* He likes everything. He hasn't fussed about any kind of baby food and will eat anything you put in front of him. He can hold all of his little biscuit treats and loves to gnaw on them until they are complete mush.

* He has started to throw tantrums while I'm feeding him if I take too long to open the baby food after he's already eaten his rice. He screeches and wails and will clench his fists and shake. What seven month old does that!?!

* He still hates being on his tummy and has yet to officially roll from back to tummy. He rolls from side to side no problem and usually sleeps on his side now.

* He always, always gets his left arm out of his swaddle at night. Sometimes the right arm will sneak out too, but the left arm is a given.

* He still cries in the night when he realizes his binky isn't in his mouth. AHHH!

* When he drinks his bottle, he twists it from side to side and makes funny noises.

* He puts both hands in the air all the time and looks like Superman. He usually grunts and growls while doing it.

* He is still toothless.

* He would rather play with pretty much anything except his baby toys. He'll play with dog toys that look just like baby toys, but when you try to trade him for the clean toys, he cries. And no, I don't let him play with the dog toys but sometimes Reggie sneaks one in there!

* He loves to play in the sand and he could care less if he gets a mouthful of it.

* He still loves his "shows" and he gets excited when you ask him if he wants to watch shows.

* He is still a momma's boy.

* He is in between sizes of clothes right now. The 3-6 are really too short but the 6-12 are still huge. He wears plain white onesies a lot because they fit and it's too dang hot to wear really clothes!

* He is super ticklish.

* When he's really tired he laughs at pretty much anything. He will crack up at the dumbest things!

* He loves to be sung to. When he's fussy I end up singing him every little song I can think of until he quiets. His favorite is still Popcorn Popping but he loves pretty much any song or funny noise.

* He loves other kids.

* He loves his "big boy" car seat and is so much happier in it.

* He reaches for everything and will yank things off the selves at stores if I'm not careful.

* He loves to sit in the cart at the store. He looks back and forth the entire time, trying not to miss anything!

* He has the funkiest ears. I have to squirt Hydrogen Peroxide in them every night during his bath to keep them from getting really bad. No ear infections so far, but they are still yucky.

* He fell and hit his head really hard the other day and has the first of many goose eggs.

* He is my everything and brings new meaning to life, every single day!

Love him!!


3 comments:

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

Love him! He is so so so cute!!! I can't wait to see him. I'll call you tomorrow to make a plan!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I love that picture! He must have been in hog heaven in that sand! What a perfect little guy!

Katie said...

He is one of the cutest little boys I know. I LOVE, LOVE that picture. You are the smartest, Whitney- I can't say it enough. You'll have to tell me about this hydrogen peroxide trick, I've never heard of it. Happy 7 mos. baby Drake!