Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A new post for Bird!

Bird's the Word...
while you were teaching your funky little middle school kiddies this morning,
this is what Amber, Kristi and I did.

We packed our "survival kits"
(movies, sandwiches, treats, toys, bottles, sippys, etc.)
Loaded up the kids
and headed down to the Dixie Center to wait in line for the
Swine Flu vaccine.

The Health Department was holding a "Shoot out"
in the parking lot of the Dixie Center.
It was the weirdest, most efficient thing I have ever seen!
They had five lanes set up for people to pull up in their cars to get the shot.
It was supposed to start at 1:00 so we planned to get there early
but luckily, dad was a super champ, (like always!!) and he went at 10:45 and got
a sweet spot in line, only 30 or so cars from the front.
We were in and out of there in only about 1 1/2 hours as opposed to
the 3-4 that we had planned on!

All three babies were troopers and hardly even cried when they got the shot.
Afterwards, we decided that all of our efforts definitely deserved a treat,
so we stopped by Cracker Barrel for some delicious Mac' n Cheese!

What a funny morning it was!
I have to admit...
it was pretty strange to have my babe given a shot in a parking lot
BUT...
you do what you gotta do for your kids!

** And yep... I let me 9 month old child ride forward facing! Bad, bad mom, I know. We were planning on hours in the car and I knew movies would entertain him, so forward facing it was!

2 comments:

Stacie and Jared said...

Thanks Poots! I miss you guys! Drake is seriously turning into "Mr. Big" I can't believe how fast he's growing!

Colburns said...

Oh my gosh is the big little serious in that shirt? It is positively the cutest little boy I have ever seen, he is such a big boy now. I had to laugh at his huge honker of a car seat too! I am glad he is now safe from pig flu