Thursday, October 29, 2009

While Omie was here...

Mr. Big partied it up!
He chowed down on lots and lots of yummy Michael's Bakery bread.
(a family tradition for all the Mitterholzer grandbabes and now great-grandbabes!)

He experienced the park and swings for the first time
(and was not too impressed!)

He played and watched lots of shows with Omie Om and even gave it up and fell asleep in her lap which is a very rare occurrence these days.
Only for his Omie!

And... while Omie was here, this is what I did.
I decided to try making Mr. Big's baby food instead of buying it.
He will eat ANYTHING so I decided that it was worth a try.
It took a few days of destroying my moms kitchen to get it all done
but it was well worth it! I have all of this and then some in my freezer and the best part is...
it only cost $45.00 for everything!
I have enough food to last me for months and a lot of it is stuff that good ol' Gerber doesn't have.
Call me crazy, but I am pretty darn happy about this!

All in all, it was wonderful (as always) to have Omie here. I miss her so much and wish that I could just pop on over for dinner all the time! I am so, so thankful to have such an amazing grandmother. She is my angel! My life has been so richly blessed by her and I hope that she will always remember what an incredible lady she is!
I love you Omie!
Thank you so much for all you do for me and for everyone around you!

3 comments:

erica said...

way to go on making baby food...i though about doing it. that's as far as i got - thinking.

drake keeps getting cuter!

Stacie and Jared said...

Good thing Drake has such a sweet Aunt who buys him Vans!

Crystal said...

Good job Whitney!! I'm a big believer in home-made baby food. It's for sure the way to go :)

Seriously...Drake is the cutest!!