Sunday, October 4, 2009

A high chair!

A few weeks ago, my sweet Mother-in Law stopped by with this lovely little high chair for Mr. Big. I was so thrilled and love it to pieces! I had been looking at high chairs for at least a month and wanted an old fashioned one, but hadn't been able to find one. I had mentioned this to momma Weave and not more than three days later, she found the perfect chair! What luck!?
It is totally something that my mom would have had for me when I was little, which is one of the reasons that I love it! Another being, that it is super easy to clean. I just wipe all the crumbs onto the floor and let the dogs go to town. Yep, that's probably gross, but I guarantee the floor under the babe is cleaner than anywhere in the rest of my house! They don't miss even the smallest of crumbs!
Because the chair had no padding and no straps, which are very necessary for my wild man, I called momma and poppa moose and they came to the rescue... again! My dad whipped out the straps in no time and my mom made a darling little slip cover for the foam padding which will be great for washing.
The finished high chair is darling, incredibly functional, and fits right in with the rest of the decor in my house (not that it's super important to "match," but if you can, why not?!) Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of the parents for taking such good care of us and for being so incredibly good to my little boy.
We love you!


2 comments:

Rieck Family said...

I remember those high chairs!!! He is such a cutie!!!

bryce and paige said...

I absolutely love the high chair. Wow, I'm impressed with your parents, your Dad is such a handy-man! How fun.