Saturday, October 31, 2009

Nine Months



Nine months... really!?! I can't believe that I am a mother to a nine month old! Nine months sounds so old and yet sometimes, I swear this dude thinks he's two! The nine month well-check with the Doc was great. This little man is as healthy as a horse! He received the Seasonal Flu shoot and had his Hemoglobin tested. The homemade baby food must be paying off because his Hemoglobin level was a 14 and normally they like to see them at at least an 11. Hooray for a healthy baby!

Things to remember about Drake at {NINE} months:

* He has decided that rolling from his back to belly isn't so bad after all and does it all the time now.

* He prefers to scoot backwards as opposed to forward and typically gets pretty frustrated when his toys keep getting farther and farther away.

* He HATES when I try to put him on his knees. He flattens out like a board and cries. Doc says it's normal and to not worry. He'll crawl when he wants to. Hmmm...

* He is still a dream when it comes to sleeping, now that we have the binky thing figured out! He still takes two good naps a day and sleeps for 12 hours at night.

* He had his first non-grandparent babysitter last night and was great!

* He has started to roll over in his crib and wakes up on his tummy, a tad frustrated about it!

* He has rolled off the bed once.

* He is still more entertained by things that he really shouldn't have. Remotes, keys, cameras, etc.

* He still loves the dogs and is content on his tummy if Reggie is close trying to get him to play ball.

* He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Boo! I don't know why, but I hate that show.

* He loves crackers. Graham crackers, Ritz, fishy, and saltine.

* He doesn't cry when he's hungry unless he sees me getting his food ready and then he whines until it's in his mouth.

* He is not a fan of the bottle anymore. I'm lucky to get him to drink 16 ounces a day. He doesn't love the sippy either. He'll only drink out of it if I give him juice.

* He loves to play with the toys at Grammy's house but not with his toys at home. Grammy's are way better apparently!

* He loves to play "peek!"

* He loves to play with hats but hates to wear them.

* He curls his toes up every time I try to put shoes on him which makes it super hard to get the shoes on.

* He cries every time I lay him down on his changing pad and acts like I am torturing him when I change his diaper.

* He has learned that he can push my face away when he doesn't want me to kiss all over his face!

* When he's really mad at me and I have him laying on his changing pad, he grabs my arm and clenches on to it. What nine month old does that!?!

* He loves his daddy and always has a big grin waiting for him when he comes home from work.

* He loves to sit in the carts at stores and he bounces his legs up and down the entire time. His chew toy of choice in stores is my wallet. Gross!

* He is happy to lay in his crib and play with his binky and blankie for how ever long. Sometimes I wonder how long he really does sleep for because he never fusses when he wakes up and is usually completely quiet until he sees me peeking in.

* He is SO ticklish and has the most adorable giggle!

* He is still toothless!

* He needs a haircut.

Oh how we love our Mr. Big! What a blessing it is to be his mommy! I couldn't ask for a more perfect baby to have in our home! Sure we have our rough moments, just like everyone else, but I really am amazed every single day at how lucky we are to have this little dude as our son!

4 comments:

Emily Blais said...

He is so long! Thats awesome! Adam is just a short little shrimp :) We like him though. Can you even believe its been 9 months? Oh my. Adam is crawling, but it has only been in the past 2 weeks that he has started. Its the army crawl thing, but he is starting to pull up on his knees all on his own now. He would cry when I tried to pull him onto his knees too. Drake will do it all in his own time. He is so cute! Can't wait to see his costume :)

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I can't believe it has been 9 months! Not that it hasn't been fun up to this point, but this is really when his little personality is going to explode! At least it did with Nathan! I loved that age! I'll call you later today and let's plan a night to do dinner!

Tuttles said...

your baby is so cute and big! I want to see him over Thanksgiving

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

he is adorable!! can't wait to see you next week! (i could wait till the next monday if i had to)