Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A new leaf

Well, I decided that I REALLY need to turn over a new leaf with my blogging.  I have tried to be pretty good about posting our happenings but a few weeks ago I uploaded all my posts from the last two years into blurb and realized that I have lots of pictures but not much explanation.  In the past, I've kind of felt like people really don't care that much about all the details of our happenings but I just reminded myself that I really don't blog for anyone other than myself and Omie and Te-Te!  I am going to try really hard to be better about writing as much as I can, even the little silly things, because I know in a few years I'll look back and be glad that I did.  I'm really and truly going to make this blog my journal. I've had good intentions of doing this in the past, but it's never really panned out how I would like it.  I'll apologize in advance to those that may happen to read my posts because I'm sure they will be quite boring to anyone that isn't family, but oh well!  I've GOT to be a better record keeper!  So... with that said, here we go!

[02.28.10]
Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL day so Chris and I decided to get out of the house with the boys.  We parked at the St. James trailhead and walked to mom and dad's.  The temp was only in the mid 60s but the sun was super warm and Chris was OF COURSE hot!  Drake was in heaven.  He loves to be outside and is so funny to watch as he takes in all of his new surroundings!  He has figured out that he can flop back in the stroller and make the whole thing rock a bit and had a good ol' time doing it while we walked!  He really loves to walk with the boys, especially when he can reach the leashes.  He has always loved his brothers but he is especially enamored by them now.  They are the first ones he points to whenever he wakes up and he is constantly following them around the house trying to give them "pat-pats."  I've been very sweetly surprised at how well both dogs have dealt with the little man.  Tobie tends to run away from him when he can, but he'll usually let Drake give him a few good pats through out the day.   Drake is also very good at throwing Otie's toys for him!  They obviously don't go very far but he definitely understands the idea of throwing them, which I think is adorable!  He is really starting to pick up on things more quickly than I had imagined.


[2.25.10]
Last Wednesday, grammy decided to work more with Drake on his stair climbing.  He was a little hesitant at first, but he figured out that going up is not so bad and is really pretty good at it!  The going down part has not come as easily, but hopefully he'll figure it out soon!  Moving the gate back and forth gets old!  This same night, Big demonstrated his sweet dance moves for the first time!  Dad and his Relief Society girls were in the basement playing Rock Band while we played on the stairs.  At one point, Drake stood up to the railing and started his bouncing!  It was so cute and funny to see him do it!  Since then, we've caught him dancing with Dylan and had a good laugh!  Love watching this little one grow up and learn new things!


[2.25.10]
This is the beginning of my latest project.  I have been wanting to make this ABC quiet book for months and a few days before Drake's birthday, he got a package in the mail from Kristen.  Inside were the felt pieces for EVERY SINGLE PAGE of the quiet book, all cut out and ready to go!!!  I was seriously amazed!  I really almost cried seeing them!  I know it's kind of silly to be so thrilled with something like this but just the fact that Kristen spent SOOOO much time cutting everything out for me made me want to bawl! I am so blessed to have such an amazing friend that would take so much time out of her busy life to do something for me!  She is honestly one of the most thoughtful and incredible people that I have ever known and I am truly grateful for her! Kristen... if you're reading this, know that I love you so much and hope you know how much this means to me! 


[2.24.10 - 2.26.10]
Lucky for me, Drake loves to put things "away!"  These are just a few of the things that I found last week around the house and at mom and dad's.  I found the remote when I pulled cloths out of the basket to put in the wash and got a good laugh!  I am always finding binkies "put away" in any little drawer or compartment he can fit them in.  This compartment in his little table is definitely a favorite!  I also find them in the back of his little train and in the cab of his truck.  This drawer is at mom and dad's and he has obviously taken it over.  Every time we are there, he adds and subtracts items!  It is hilarious to watch his little mind work while he's doing it!  Yesterday, I found a highlighter that I had been using earlier in the day put away in the front compartment of his little walker car.  I couldn't find it for a minute and then noticed the car close to where I had left it and knew right away where to look! Finding all of his treasures always puts a smile on my face! 


[2.27.10]
Last Saturday, Grandma Weave gave Drake his first official haircut!  It wasn't really a planned event, so I don't have pictures from my camera but Grandpa Weave snapped a few so I will at least be able to document them at some point.  Drake sat on my lap while grandma trimmed him up a bit.  His hair was really pretty unruly but now looks great!  She cut just the right amount and left him with his cute little curls in the back!  He is very handsome and "big kid" looking now!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I totally agree with you, I sometimes blog and think, people will think this post is dumb, but then I remember I WANT to remember this and this is something I will print for my family, so I will blog what I want :) I love those Quiet books, maybe we could make one sometime? How are you, I haven't talked to you since Dickens.

jaesi said...

you could go into business with those books you make- and Id be your first customer :)

Jen said...

Cute idea...good way to document life!

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

great job on the journaling!
you are so welcome for the abc felt stuff:). and i am glad that you are inspiring me to work on mine!
i am sure that everyone thinks that my blog is boring as ever, but when i look back... i start crying (i think i am a little too sentimental)
oh well right!
good luck.