[03.11.10]
Today we decided to enjoy the sunny weather. Drake and I joined up with two of our favorite girls, Kristi and Scarlett and headed over to the Pine View park. To date, Drake hasn't been too impressed by the big jungle gyms at the park and has spent most of his time watching from the sidelines. He started our park time today in similar fashion, watching Scarlett climb up and down and slide down the slide but he eventually discovered the wood chips and realized that he too, could make it up the steps! Once this clicked, he was off and crawling, cruising all over! It would be nice if he were walking all over instead of getting all dirty on his knees, but ya know, I'm still grateful to only have a crawler. He gets into enough trouble as it is! Having him up off all fours is not going to be to my advantage other than when it comes time to carry him!
Today we decided to enjoy the sunny weather. Drake and I joined up with two of our favorite girls, Kristi and Scarlett and headed over to the Pine View park. To date, Drake hasn't been too impressed by the big jungle gyms at the park and has spent most of his time watching from the sidelines. He started our park time today in similar fashion, watching Scarlett climb up and down and slide down the slide but he eventually discovered the wood chips and realized that he too, could make it up the steps! Once this clicked, he was off and crawling, cruising all over! It would be nice if he were walking all over instead of getting all dirty on his knees, but ya know, I'm still grateful to only have a crawler. He gets into enough trouble as it is! Having him up off all fours is not going to be to my advantage other than when it comes time to carry him!
The slide was a huge hit! I started putting him on his tummy to slide down backwards and he loved it! I think it's much less scary for him than the original method! Scarlett was a doll, as always. She is so sweet to Drake. They really are such good little friends! Both Drake and I are lucky to have the Shaw girls to play with! After the park, we all met up with grammy at Costco for some shopping and a treat. The kids chowed down on the ice cream. Drake had more ice cream today than he's ever had and it was apparent the second we got home and he puked on my fabric. Nice! I knew it would happen too! Once again Mom of the Year, letting her son eat way more dairy than he should. Ahh! I need to be better!

2 comments:
Adam LOVES the slide at the park. He is not so sure about the swings though. I am sitting here wishing we would have joined you at the Pine View park. Looks so much fun! I just love Drake. He is so dang cute.
Drake is such a cutie!!! Got to love the park!! So happy for you guys that your brother is home. That is fun. I meet him a couple of times, sweet kid.
Post a Comment